Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline synced on more then 3 devices message?!

Solved!

Offline synced on more then 3 devices message?!

I often get a message on my iPhone from spotify that I have offline playlists synced on more then 3 devices, and I have an option if I want to save my offline playlists on my telefone the message says that I just should quit and restarts spotify.
BUT NOW TO THE PROBLEM!!: I follow the message and quit spotify with hope that all my offlinemusic will still be there, BUT NO..!! And the other thing is that i DO NOT have synced playlists on 3 devices!!!! ONLY on my iphone!! When I restart spotify all music that I have synced are gone!!!?? WHY?! This is so annoying, and I am a paying coustomer so this makes me so angry!! Why pay if the program, by itself deletes my synced stuff...please help? What to do when even not the steps that I follow do not do as it says..?!
378 Replies

Scrapporilla & bckiwinz - Sorry to hear you're having this issue with your playlists.  I've just done a bit of behind-the-scenes maintenance on both your accounts.

If you haven't done so already, I'd definitely do a quick reinstall on your devices/ desktop: www.spotify.com/help/faq/tech/clean-reinstallation-of-spotify/

I had to reset my note and now my offline playlist is empty (and that means a lot of traffic) again. And i think there will be a new device on my account now.

Please can you tell me how many device are actually registered on my account. Is it possible for you only to kill the Galaxy Note(s), please don't delete the TAB.

Thanks

Kirk

Kirk09 - There are 2 devices on your account at the moment, so you should be ok.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

is there not an option to reset your devices yourself? if not then there really should be.

my offline access has been withdrawn from my laptop so could really us some help in resetting this. I am intrigued as to what devices it is enabled on as i can only think of 3 that are being used.

Jamie_hill - You have 2 iOS devices and your laptop. I can reset these devices for you, but you will need to re-sync your iPhone. Would you like us to do so?
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi, sadly after deleting, reinstalling, re-down loading the music, it was all gone again the next day when I started Spotify again. Any other solutions? I really like the concept, but this sucks. Thanks, Bruce

Hi bckwinz - That's quite strange. Are these playlists just unsycning in your offline devices? Or are they 'disappearing' altogether?

Can you still see all 36 playlists in your desktop application? 

Again some problems with the phone, after restart playlistsync is gone again.

There should be only 1 device on my account at the moment. If there are more, is it possible to kill the one i didn't need? Or can you only reset the whole account? Maybe you need more information to kill the right one?

Is there any possibility for me to look at my account devices?

Thanks

Kirk09 - There are 2 Android devices there at the moment. I can disable them individually, but there isn't a way to distinguish them. So it's a gamble. Shall I just reset them both?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

ok, let's gamble. Please delete the second one first. If this is wrong, I'll give you a new order 🙂

Kirk09 - I like gambling. Just done it, was it the right one?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi Sam - good shot - it was the right one. Smiley Happy

Sweet.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi Meredith, all the playlists are still there (only 14 are from Spotify, the others are from iTunes). They seem to simply reset their "Available Offline" back to off all by themselves. I get no message.

I have given up re-down loading again because it is a waste of my data cap. I'll hold off until you can help me be confident the problem is solved, or as a test.

Regards, Bruce

Hi bckiwinz - Have you recently done a clean reinstallation on your device? I definitely recommend giving this a shot (not just updating from the iTunes App Store): 

• Delete the Spotify application from your iPhone/iPod. To do this, press and hold the application until it hovers and then press the X symbol.
  • Restart your iPod/iPhone.
  • Install Spotify again from the AppStore.

Hi, is there a volume limit after which the software resets to on line only? I downloaded one albumn yesterday and so far it is still all OK for off line play.

My main problem has been on my Mac, not my iPad (though that has gone on-line only as well)

Cheers, Bruce

Hi, sadly the albumn I synced two days ago was gone this morning. HELP!

@bckiwinz wrote:

Hi, sadly the albumn I synced two days ago was gone this morning. HELP!

Was it just that one album? (And which platform are you using - Android or iPhone?)

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Touch wood, everything seems to be staying synced.

Cheers, Bruce

Agghhhh!

This morning it is all gone again from my Mac. It was still on my iPad and iPhone. Just my Mac seem to lose everything after a couple of days.   Thoughts?

Suggested posts