Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Old Facebook email address still showing up on Spotify account

Old Facebook email address still showing up on Spotify account

Hi, I recently changed my facebook email address because the old email address is one I can no longer access (a student email). In my spotify account, it is still showing the old email address. I have cleared my internet history and passwords, logged out, restarted my computer, etc. Nothing has worked. 

My family got Premium and the invitation was mistakenly sent to my old (deleted) email address. So I am just trying to get my account updated and hopefully we can add me to the family account. I appreciate any help on this! Thanks!

6 Replies

Hello @francine251 and welcome to the Spotify Community !

It usually takes about a week for the change to be applicated to Spotify. If the change still doesn't show up try disconnecting and reconnecting to Facebook. Here's how.

Have a nice day 🙂

hello

i have this problem too, i tried your tips but it seem not working at all, my new email has changing for 3 years but the old email still showing in my profile idk why plssss help!

Hey there @duyduy,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

If you created your Spotify account through Facebook, the email address registered in your Spotify account is the one registered in your Facebook profile when you created the account and it won't be updated on Spotify even if you update it on Facebook.

If you have a Premium subscription, you can get in touch with our Support team through any of these channels so they can give you a hand with updating your account's email address.

If you're on free, you'd need to create a new account directly from Spotify here, as it's not possible to change the email address of an account created through Facebook on your end. You can then transfer all your content to the new account by following the steps in this guide.

We hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

so if i have premium account which mean i can able to update my new email. but where i have to find these office bc i live in vietnam! or what support team email should i send help

Hey @duyduy,

Thanks for posting.

As @CarlosE mentioned you can head over to this page. There you can find a link than will help you contact our Customer Support team. They'll happily assist you with changing your email address.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts