Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Old Spotify Account. Playlists are still visible as Google search results.

Old Spotify Account. Playlists are still visible as Google search results.

I deleted my old Spotify account a couple months ago because its username had my real name in it. Unfortunately some of the playlists created with this account are still visible as results when I search for my old username in Google.

Is there a way to permanently delete these playlists even though my old account does not exist anymore?

3 Replies

Hey @InsaneDuane, welcome to the Community!

It's not possible to permanently delete these. They would have needed to be set to Private before you closed the account for them to not show up in the search.

Hope that helps clear everything up.

@SergioDavid wrote:

Hey @InsaneDuane, welcome to the Community!

It's not possible to permanently delete these. They would have needed to be set to Private before you closed the account for them to not show up in the search.

Hope that helps clear everything up.

Hey, thank you for the reply! That is not good to hear. 

Is there no way to set those playlists private now or delete them from the database? Some of the playlists do not even have any followers, so there is actually no reason for them to exist anymore.

Spotify manages the database, so from a technical standpoint this should not be impossible.

I just really want my name to disappear from the google search and spotify is the last major thing on there with it.

Thanks in advance!

Hey @InsaneDuane,

Hope everything is alright. We're not able to help you out from here, and we suggest that you get in touch with our support team so they can check that out for you. Hopefully they'll be able to help you out. 

Let us know if there's anything else 🙂

Suggested posts