Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Old credit card cancelled, Spotify Unlimited lost?

Old credit card cancelled, Spotify Unlimited lost?

Hi,

I have been paying 49 Swedish Kronor a month for Spottify Unlimited since 2011 and have been very happy with the service.

Last month my credit card details were stolen and, as a result, my old credit card was blocked I got a new credit card. Spotify stopped working today and I realised that I need to update my credit card details. However, when I logged in, I noticed that the option to continue my existing "Unlimited" package no longer exists. Now I need to pay 99 Swedish Kronor for a "Premium" service that I do not want. Apparently Unlimited no longer exists

In the past, when my credit card expired, Spotify would send me an e-mail to tell me that they failed to bill me, and that I should update my credit card. I would log in, fix all the details and everything would work again. This didn't happen this time. Is this lack of reminder e-mail an intentional tactic to cause my Unlimited subscription to lapse after failed payment, so I would be forced to take out a Premium subscription? Bascially, Spotify is taking advantage of the fact that my credit card details were stolen. Is this how to treat loyal customers?

3 Replies

Hello there, thanks for reaching out in the community!
According to this post, Spotify Unlimited has been phased out since the end of '14. As it also says, "When a customer changes their payment method, their subscription is reset as new."

Hope this helped!
K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

I did not change my payment method. My old VISA credit card details were stolen and the card was blocked. I want to continue witht the replacement VISA card. It is still VISA, it is still the same payment method.

If it is not possible, then I will have to change to a diffrent streaming service that does not employ underhand methods.

Usually when changing cc details it counts as a change of payment method even if it's by the same company.
You can reach out to a Spotify staff member though to make sure that there isn't any glitch either by tweeting them @SpotifyCares or their facebook or by using the contact form.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Suggested posts