Premium

Country

France

Device

iPhone 6s

Operating System

IOS 12

My Question or Issue

Hey, I have a big issue on the account I created through Facebook.

My Facebook account was created 10 years ago and I had a fake birth date; and since then I don't have access at all at the email I used to register on Facebook. For those reason, one or two years ago I changed my birth date to my real one, and switched the email I use to connect on my Facebook account to a new one that I have actual access (and deleting the old one).

Now, since I saw the student discount, I jumped right in, created my account from Facebook, and linked my school's identity to this newly created spotify account.

But Spotify seems to have kept my old email, and also my fake birth date from two years ago without letting me the possibility of changing both !! And there's like a lot of things I can't do with an account which email is unaccessible, like actually posting on this forum to get help.

What can I do ? Is it possible for like an admin to change it for me or am I doomed ?

3 Replies

Hello Sylvoushe1, thanks for reaching out to the community!

What you can try is to unlink your Facebook account and change the email directly from Spotify!

If I was able to help you with this post, please accept it as a solution, so others will find it more quickly!

Hey, thank you for your answer; but when you create an account through Facebook you can't change the email right from Spotify; they don't let me the option to, hence my issue !

Hey @Sylvoushe1.

Thanks for getting in touch!

When you update your date of birth and email address in your Facebook account, it will automatically update in your Spotify account. You have to make sure you haven't opted out of sharing your data with Facebook however. You can change this here.

If this didn't help, log in on your Facebook profile and make sure that you have granted Spotify access to your personal information.

Give it 48 hours and your accounts should be synced 🙂

Let us know if you have further questions. Have a nice day.

Suggested posts