Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

Solved!

[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

For some reason, my profile picture and name are not loading today. My picture is just the generic one and my name is just numbers. Also, when I try to access my profile, it won't load. It's just a blank page. All my playlists are still there and music still plays, but my profile info won't load. I've already tried logging out and logging back in but that didn't help.

[Edit: Updating Title - Peter]

196 Replies

same here, just a bunch of numbers. if they expect us to pay for premium they better fix this immediately. last time people used numbers instead of names was about 65 years ago.

What is your numerical username?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter, I'm hoping you can help me, please. I did what you said regarding contacting Spotify's support team, but they have not been helpful. I've received two copy + pasted responses that say that I deactivated my Facebook account and need to make a new account. My Facebook account is active, though, and I've never deactivated it. Do I really need to close my Spotify account and remake a new one? I'm very frustrated and exhausted by this. My case number is #01673030. Can you help me, please?

Unfortunately I don't work for Spotify, but stick at support they will get to the bottom of it.

If you have twitter, Spotify support on Twitter @SpotifyCares normally reply much faster. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Does anybody having this issue changed its facebook password before? Since I'm having this problem with Spotify, the only "significant" action I made was to modify my facebook account password.

Hi Peter,

Any updates? I'm having the same issues. I am Facebook connected, it shows my FB pic, but username is a bunch of numbers (11181599224). Now I'm connecting Spotify to other services and my username is also this range of numbers. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Wouter

hi peter! there seems to be a problem with my account - numerical usernames. 

yes i have deactivated my facebook once, but i have reactivated it again. should i know such action will cause such a consequence, i wouldnt have do so.

so can any of the technical support team kindly look into my issue? please allow my username to be my original username again. 

1276683419 is my numerical username.

thank you.

I'm in the same boat.  I log in with my facebook account.  My account name is all numbers...  1290684604.  I have signed out of FB... signed out of Spotify.  Uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify... using these directions...  

MAC
Click Spotify in the menu bar then Quit Spotify.
Open Finder then click Go > Library in the menu bar. ... 
Open Caches and delete the com.spotify.Client folder.
Click the back arrow.
Open Application Support and delete the Spotify folder.
Download and install Spotify!

After I reinstalled Spotifiy, I signed back in with my facebook account and it still does the same thing.

Please help me get this resolved.

Thank you.

I just clicked "sign out everywhere" on my online account overview page in Safari.  Then signed back in.  That seemed to do the trick.  Hope this helps someone.

Still a problem for me. I Login using my Facebook account. but I can't connect my facebook account for sharing. It says temporary unavailable both in my account(Connect Facebook button) and in play.spotify.com

does anyone still have issues with this? i know i do. 

id tag: 

2236jljh35e7wg4bp3khkytwa

Hello,

my name on my Spotify Mac Desktop app is a string of numbers with no profile picture and my playlists say they're created by {1220903292}. It's the same for my iPhone app also. I created this account with my Facebook and it's never not said that. When I click the numbers though, it does go to my account page with my correct name. My correct name and picture only appears either when I do that or go to spotify.com. I created a Spotify contact form and I got a quick response telling me it was a Wi-Fi problem and restarting my wifi would do the trick. I did that but to no avail. I also re-installed Spotify, signed out everywhere from the website, set a device password, but none of it's worked. And this is just my home laptop and phone so I don't believe it to be a firewall/proxy issue either. 

Thanks

Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 4.19.08 PM.png

i am also having the same problem -- 

i would log on and use facebook to sign in and after the browser tells me to close the window -- the Spotify sign in screen doesnt change. 

what is the point of paying $14.99 monthly when i cant even log in correctly?

i also deleted Spotofy from my Facebook app just in case but still doesnt work. 

id: 

2236jljh35e7wg4bp3khkytwa

Capture.JPG

I am having a similar problem.

spotify:user:22eoxjhaibdam7cp2nyvmssmi

spotify bug.jpg

Still a problem for me. In fact the character strings have gotten worse, in that they have become longer and more random.

How is this still not fixed when people have been posting about it since 2014?!

This is a glaring bug on a service ive been paying to use for years now. Absolutely unacceptable.

Likewise, still an issue for me. I also sign in via Facebook, and this issue is everywhere on all clients, Mac Desktop, Windows Desktop, iOS, and web

Suggested posts