[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

Solved!

[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

Raven1111
Roadie

For some reason, my profile picture and name are not loading today. My picture is just the generic one and my name is just numbers. Also, when I try to access my profile, it won't load. It's just a blank page. All my playlists are still there and music still plays, but my profile info won't load. I've already tried logging out and logging back in but that didn't help.

[Edit: Updating Title - Peter]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

@Darkmage - Did you sign up using your email address or by linking directly with Facebook? 

@1167Vero - You have set up a duplicate account. If you could drop the support guys an email directly using the online contact form they will be able to get you back to your original account. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

@user-removed - Can confirm your profile doesn't appear to be connected to Facebook correctly. If you could get in touch as mentioned above the support guys will lend a hand. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

196 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend
There do appear to be some ongoing issues with profiles - Spotify are aware and on the case.

Peter

wowters

Hi Peter,

Any updates? I'm having the same issues. I am Facebook connected, it shows my FB pic, but username is a bunch of numbers (11181599224). Now I'm connecting Spotify to other services and my username is also this range of numbers. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Wouter

user-removed
Not applicable

Peter, you once helped me with this issue (profile not showing, not pictures). I've uninstalled a few times, to no avail. And also getting error 17 so have to install in safe mode, and then the profile works, but when i restart in non safe mode, so profile. You once gave me a code to put into a run command, that solved it I think. Does that sound familiar?

user-removed
Not applicable

Found it:

Just fixed it with this from THE LEGEND. Thanks.

If you guys are using Windows, can you try launching Spotify from a command line using:

%APPDATA%\Spotify\spotify.exe --disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background

If you aren't familiar with how to do this, easiest way is:

- Press Start.

- Type "run" and hit return. You should get a little "Run" dialogue.

- As long as your Spotify is installed in the default location, copy and paste the command above into the box (clear whatever is in it first).

- Press OK. Spotify should launch.

Peter__
Community Legend
@user-removed - Glad you found it! 😉

Peter

Raven1111
Roadie

Good I'm glad it's not just me haha. 

kacorey74

I am having the same problem but also my activity log is empty and all my friends are gone and followers.

user-removed
Not applicable

Yep, having the exact same issue.

SUGGESTED POSTS