[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

Solved!

[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

Raven1111
Roadie

For some reason, my profile picture and name are not loading today. My picture is just the generic one and my name is just numbers. Also, when I try to access my profile, it won't load. It's just a blank page. All my playlists are still there and music still plays, but my profile info won't load. I've already tried logging out and logging back in but that didn't help.

[Edit: Updating Title - Peter]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

@Darkmage - Did you sign up using your email address or by linking directly with Facebook? 

@1167Vero - You have set up a duplicate account. If you could drop the support guys an email directly using the online contact form they will be able to get you back to your original account. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

@user-removed - Can confirm your profile doesn't appear to be connected to Facebook correctly. If you could get in touch as mentioned above the support guys will lend a hand. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

196 Replies

n-p
Casual Listener

Hi Jack

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify and I have been experiencing the exact same issue - live activity feed not working just black, and my username as an algorithm and profile pic blank. its been 2 days now! When can this be fixed?

Peter__
Community Legend
No fix on customer end it appears - just need to wait for Spotify to get it back up and running.

I can assure you after seeing their offices in the past the top people will be working on this.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Rollo_
Roadie

As of right now, my profile name is showing, but all the playlists are very slow to load, the activity feed doesn't load at all [shocking], and there are no header graphics showing in playlists, no albums on the artist pages, the album pages are totally blank, until the "album not found" graphic appears, and everthing is loading very very slowly to the point of being unusable.

OTOH, the old 0.8.3 version is working, due to its native views.  But still no activity feed there either.

If you're on Premium and need a quck fix, Spotiamp is working fine, or temporatily install an old version, like 0.8.3 or 0.8.5.  You can't install these over the new versions, uninstall, then reinstall.  Old versions are available on Filehorse.com.  If prompted to update, don't restart until this problem is resolved.  You can always go to the spotify folder and delete the update files, they have "new" in the file names.  There are two files to delete.

Back to 0.8.3 for me.  🙂

Rollo_
Roadie

Playlist headers, albums and album pages just started working again.  Activity feed is at least partially opening.

JPhillipWilkes
Casual Listener

Also, I cannot share tracks to social media.

smheeren
Casual Listener

Hey everybody – as of about two minutes ago, everything is working for me again! My profile picture/name just corrected, and my Activity feed is starting to fill up again.

chaddd
Regular

Mine is also working right now! And just minutes after I started a grumpy new thread about how nothing was working.

OMG...

I'm Neo.

DJSmooth
Roadie

Yes, mine is finally working again, my notifications box is not loading but everything else seems to be back in order.  It would have been nice for someone at Spotify to chime in here to let us know that everything was fixed. Thanks for getting this back on track

Casual Listener

mine too... finally! 

Casual Listener

..but its still not working on my iphone 

user-removed
Not applicable

Mine is working again as well! Yay! My friend's as well, but she says her iphone is still not working too.

irockiroll
Regular

Just went through the reinstall after clearing the cache - didn't fix the issue unfortunately. 

alternapop
Roadie

It doesn't seem that there are any fixes we can do as end users so we have to wait for Spotify to fix it on their end.    It's a bit disappointing but I realize Spotify is working on the issue.  I was at a music discovery event last night and some people wanted to add me via the Spotify app but my account was all goofed up.

twitter: @indiesongaday
1 song per band - indie rock playlist (800+ songs)
Emerging Indie artists recommendations

irockiroll
Regular

No it doesn't. My name and profile image show up on the left hand side bar, but nothing loads when it is clicked. Same goes for notifications in the web version. I see a number but when clicked on nothing loads. 

DJSmooth
Roadie

Same problem and I also can't see any notifications, since there are a few of us with this issue overnight, can someone @ Spotify chime in here for a fix. It was suggested on Twitter to do a uninstall/ install.  Has anyone been successful  with that?

Schlock

Reinstalling doesn't help cause it's broken on the website too. Something is wrong with their system.

chaddd
Regular

I haven't posted much to the community, but I've read lots of threads about past problems, and "issue acknowledgment" is not one of Spotify's strong suits. They quickly discuss problems that have been addressed and problems for which there are easy fixes, but lingering problems tend to go awhile without much or any dialog. I'm expecting this one to be with us for a good long while. 

For anyone from Spotify who is listening, my issue is ongoing -- have logged in from two computers and one mobile device. I've restarted Windows, re-installed Spotify, and logged in/out numerous times. 

Yeah. my guess is a good, long, wait. 

trimatrix
Casual Listener

I have the same problem. It was working just fine until I upgraded my account to premium using the student discount offer. Then all the sudden my account went to numbers and I can't access my profile. Besides that everything works fine.

irockiroll
Regular

I am having the same exact issue and have been having it all day. Any updates or eta on a fix? 

chaddd
Regular

Hi.

Same problem. It's been going on since around 9 a.m. (Mountain Time) today.

Username shows up as number. Friends show up as numbers. Cannot view my own Profile or that of other users. Activity Feed is totally blank. Spotify ads and Discover recommendations not refreshing (stuck sometime in the past a day or two ago).

user-removed
Not applicable

...yes...similar here...my issue with the profile pic and name was resolved...but now it seems my activity feed has simply stalled...I can see by the "Discover" page, that friends are listening to music....and even posting songs to facebook....but none of this activity is showing up in the feed....it is showing the same songs from a couple of days ago...

SUGGESTED POSTS