Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

Solved!

[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

For some reason, my profile picture and name are not loading today. My picture is just the generic one and my name is just numbers. Also, when I try to access my profile, it won't load. It's just a blank page. All my playlists are still there and music still plays, but my profile info won't load. I've already tried logging out and logging back in but that didn't help.

[Edit: Updating Title - Peter]

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Darkmage - Did you sign up using your email address or by linking directly with Facebook? 

@1167Vero - You have set up a duplicate account. If you could drop the support guys an email directly using the online contact form they will be able to get you back to your original account. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

@user-removed - Can confirm your profile doesn't appear to be connected to Facebook correctly. If you could get in touch as mentioned above the support guys will lend a hand. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

196 Replies

There do appear to be some ongoing issues with profiles - Spotify are aware and on the case.

Peter

Good I'm glad it's not just me haha. 

I am having the same problem but also my activity log is empty and all my friends are gone and followers.

Yep, having the exact same issue.

Hi.

Same problem. It's been going on since around 9 a.m. (Mountain Time) today.

Username shows up as number. Friends show up as numbers. Cannot view my own Profile or that of other users. Activity Feed is totally blank. Spotify ads and Discover recommendations not refreshing (stuck sometime in the past a day or two ago).

I have the same problem. It was working just fine until I upgraded my account to premium using the student discount offer. Then all the sudden my account went to numbers and I can't access my profile. Besides that everything works fine.

I am having the same exact issue and have been having it all day. Any updates or eta on a fix? 

Same problem and I also can't see any notifications, since there are a few of us with this issue overnight, can someone @ Spotify chime in here for a fix. It was suggested on Twitter to do a uninstall/ install.  Has anyone been successful  with that?

Reinstalling doesn't help cause it's broken on the website too. Something is wrong with their system.

I haven't posted much to the community, but I've read lots of threads about past problems, and "issue acknowledgment" is not one of Spotify's strong suits. They quickly discuss problems that have been addressed and problems for which there are easy fixes, but lingering problems tend to go awhile without much or any dialog. I'm expecting this one to be with us for a good long while. 

For anyone from Spotify who is listening, my issue is ongoing -- have logged in from two computers and one mobile device. I've restarted Windows, re-installed Spotify, and logged in/out numerous times. 

Yeah. my guess is a good, long, wait. 

I am having the same issue. Hope it's fixed soon!

Are you guys still having issues?

I am having the same issue.  Very frustrating.  In addition to not seeing my profile picture and having my name being just numbers, I cannot see any followers or follow anyone. And when I try to find friends, it's not working.  Very frustrating!

Having the same problem as everyone above. It was working fine 12hrs ago and I hadn't logged on till now since then.

Besides the blank profile pix, profile page and activities log not loading, my profile name is now showing my spotify user name and not the previously used Facebook name. Also, my friends cannot see my song activity either. Isn't this one of the reasons we enjoy this service? There was a problem with my activities log showing activities from a few days ago as soon as I log on and now it's not showing at all.

I have logged in/out and reinstalled several times (as instructed by your reinstallation post) without sucess. I thought it may have been my OS update to 10.9 but that was 4 days ago. This is truly frustrating and I hope the problem would be resolved soon.

On a more positive note, I can now receive inbox messages from both laptop and mobile whereas I couldn't before.

Just logged in again the next day - issue has not been resolved across desktop or mobile. Still no profile photo, no social stream activity, no profile, no Facebook names not showing up just numbers... really frustrating. 

The Spotify team are aware this issue is ongoing, stay tuned for updates.

Peter

Hi everyone,

Does your profile information load if you log into the Web Player? play.spotify.com

Also, as we're working on it, could you try reinstalling now with all the steps here, just to help ensure the cache has been cleared: http://bit.ly/1nT2Cyf

No it doesn't. My name and profile image show up on the left hand side bar, but nothing loads when it is clicked. Same goes for notifications in the web version. I see a number but when clicked on nothing loads. 

Just went through the reinstall after clearing the cache - didn't fix the issue unfortunately. 

Suggested posts