Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

Solved!

[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

For some reason, my profile picture and name are not loading today. My picture is just the generic one and my name is just numbers. Also, when I try to access my profile, it won't load. It's just a blank page. All my playlists are still there and music still plays, but my profile info won't load. I've already tried logging out and logging back in but that didn't help.

[Edit: Updating Title - Peter]

196 Replies

mine too... finally! 

..but its still not working on my iphone 

Mine is working again as well! Yay! My friend's as well, but she says her iphone is still not working too.

Playlist headers, albums and album pages just started working again.  Activity feed is at least partially opening.

I'm trying to contribute more, so yeah, mine's working after my coffee break.

still not coming up in the search which means the only way for people to find my profile is if I specifically send them a link...but at least i HAVE a profile again!  don't think i will be continuing my subscription..

Mine is also working again. My profile info is finally loading properly, but my activity feed is still not loading correctly. At least I finally have my profile info back though.

Yes, mine is finally working again, my notifications box is not loading but everything else seems to be back in order.  It would have been nice for someone at Spotify to chime in here to let us know that everything was fixed. Thanks for getting this back on track

wahoo! playlists loading once again.

aapears to be working now

twitter: @indiesongaday
1 song per band - indie rock playlist (800+ songs)
Emerging Indie artists recommendations

...yes...similar here...my issue with the profile pic and name was resolved...but now it seems my activity feed has simply stalled...I can see by the "Discover" page, that friends are listening to music....and even posting songs to facebook....but none of this activity is showing up in the feed....it is showing the same songs from a couple of days ago...

Same problems...profile photo and name issue was finally resovled...but now my activity feed is not updating. Wondering what's going on with Spotify these past few days. They seem to be heavily weighted with the many glitches....and a bit light, on the resolution end.

I had to wait 48 hours for my photo to return...it finally corrected itself. But now the feed is messed up. 😞

@user-removed wrote:

I had to wait 48 hours for my photo to return...it finally corrected itself. But now the feed is messed up. 😞

I'm sorry to hear that.

What you mean about feed messed up?

...so many are still experiencing Activity Feed issues...doesn't seem to be a Spotify priority, however...sad, as they originally promoted and sold themselves on this very features...the whole point of Spotify, suposedly being the fun of seeing what our friends were enjoying and listening to...

Hey all, 

I contacted Spotify about this issue and they resolved it. 

Hey everyone!

Thanks for your patience here.

Glad to hear that everyone's Profile picture and name is displaying correctly again.

We've also been working on getting the Activity Feed back and that should now be fixed as well.

How's it looking for everyone?
Let us know here if you're still experiencing problems

My name and profile picture came back, along with my playlists when I click on the "profile".  I could see the activity on the right side column, in addition, I could see my friend's playlists when I click on his/her name.  I am very grateful for the fix. 

Here is the problem.

When I am on the "Discover" page, my friend's activity doesn't show.  The "Discover" would say, "Like _______? Check out _________.", "Recommended for you, _________.", "You listen to ________", here is the album you might like __________." "People who listen to ________ are also listening to _________."

These parts are back, however, I don't see the sentences, such as, "(My friend's name) listen to ________," "(My friend's name) have been listening to a lot of __________ this week" "(My friend's name) listen to _______ (    ) hours ago." anymore. In short, I don't see My friend's activity on the "Discover". This is one of the features I have enjoyed. I hope it will be back as well.

Thanks

I suspect that it is going to take a few days for the recommendations in Discover to catch up after the earlier issues. Let's give it a little time 🙂

I would agree with @Joe , my discover feed seems to always be about a week behind so it is probably still seeing the issue from before.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts