Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Ongoing Username Issue] My user name appear as random letters and numbers

[Ongoing Username Issue] My user name appear as random letters and numbers

Hello.

I just logged into Spotify and saw that my user name is random letters and numbers (25 characters long!).

A quick search around the forums made me realize that this is an ongoing issue with spotify that many users are currently suffering from.

Some users had this issue because they disconnected or deleted thier FB accounts (which they use to sign up to Spotify), other users had the same issue with out any relation to FB (signed up with a plain Email) and some users haven't changed anything at all (like myself).

I have seen posts discussing this subject going as far as 2013! And yet, the issue is still not solvable. Most of the "solutions" I saw were something in the line of "You can simply open another account" which is clearly not a solution in my, and other users opinion.

Spotify, why drag this stupid issue for more than 5 years? It's obviously not a thiny problem that a small number of users encounter, It's obviously growing because more people experience this issue with growing variables and still no solution.

Is it so hard to find a solution? Is it so difficult to change a Display Name? This is absolutely ridiculous..

UserNameSpotify.png
1 Reply

Hello! Let you know that Spotify is looking into this, as you mentioned, and hopefully it will be solved as soon as possible. Your post sums up pretty well the issue, good job with that.

Cheers, Jose 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts