Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Oops! Your bank must be having a bad day... Can't pay for Premium

Solved!

Oops! Your bank must be having a bad day... Can't pay for Premium

There's myriad closed threads about this topic, but I've tried perfectly-valid credit cards, none of which confirm even an attempt at a Spotify charge. Obviously this issue continues...

The support chat was very unhelpful--pasting templates about being mindful about entering proper details and contacting the issuing bank are not helpful, especially when charge attempts from Spotify never even reach said banks!

Wondering what horrible service is in store for me should a Premium subscription ever successfully process....

Was attemping to pay for annual one-time payment type..cardholder name and billing address never even requested--perhaps this is the issue?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yeah, I will find some other service to use, perhaps Pandora or Sirius. Spotify clearly doesn't want my business.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @sdjimbob, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

Could you check out the following infographic and let me know if it helps?

Card Problems.png

Looking forward to your response 🙂

No, these stock replies to check card details are not helpful. The charge attempt never even reaches the bank.

@sdjimbob,

The most common fix is to try again from a different browser and/or in a private/incognito window, could you try that?

Tried IE, Chrome, Chrome private.. .Same result, not working

@sdjimbob,

Thank you for trying! I'm sorry to hear it still isn't working 😞

You can check out some more payment troubleshooting tips here: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/payment_help/problems-paying-for-spotify-by-card/

Marked as solution

Yeah, I will find some other service to use, perhaps Pandora or Sirius. Spotify clearly doesn't want my business.

Suggested posts