Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Opt out of Private Marketplaces third partner data sharing

Solved!

Opt out of Private Marketplaces third partner data sharing

Regarding the new Private Marketplaces press release: can I opt out if I am a paid subscriber?

Copy of the press release: 

Today we have officially enabled programmatic buying across our audio ads globally. We’re partnering with three of the largest and most established platforms in the programmatic space – AppNexus, Rubicon Project and The Trade Desk – to give buyers access to over 70 million music fans on Spotify Free.

Here’s the deal: we’ve launched Private Marketplaces for our best in-class audio advertising platform on mobile, allowing access for :15 and :30 second audio spots. This makes Spotify the first publisher to enable Deal ID/PMP access across audio inventory in a true, real-time bidding environment. Buyers will also have the opportunity to access Spotify’s authenticated first party demographic data and unique playlist data.

This is available globally across Spotify’s 59 markets. Buyers can target audiences by age, gender, genres and playlists – all in real time.

Today’s release rounds out one of the most diverse programmatic offerings in market, now expanding across display, video and audio, with industry-leading viewability topping 95%. We’re now one step closer to our goal of making all of our innovative ad experiences available programmatically. To learn more about Audio PMPs, emailprogrammaticsales@spotify.com.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @ecokeefe!

As you're a Premium subscriber, this will not affect you as you do not receive adverts.

The data used to target customers on the Free service is also completely anonymised. Brands can use anonymised data to reach groups of people who share similar listening habits, location or demographic. It helps brands tailor ads to better suit users' interests.

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @ecokeefe!

As you're a Premium subscriber, this will not affect you as you do not receive adverts.

The data used to target customers on the Free service is also completely anonymised. Brands can use anonymised data to reach groups of people who share similar listening habits, location or demographic. It helps brands tailor ads to better suit users' interests.

Hope this helps! 

Except that Spotify IS sharing the data with SOMEONE who can then target ads to me on Facebook. I have my account connected, but I do not share my music to Facebook, yet these artists appear in the collection of advertisers who have shared my contact info to Facebook.

Suggested posts