Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 6s, Macbook Air

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

My friend just downloaded and is new to spotify, she doesnt have Spotify Premium yet. She tried to search and follow me and at first she could even find me in search, but when she finally did, there is no option for her to follow me? She also cannot follow playlists. Why is this? 

3 Replies

When you say she couldn't follow you, do you mean the "follow" button wasn't present or it was greyed out, or it just failed to follow you? If that's the case, make sure that both of you are on the most recent version of the Spotify app.

Additionally, you can find a guide to easily searching for friends through Spotify here!

my friend had a similar issue when she first got spotify, so it may be something you need to wait a few days for the account to be seen publicly. you may need them to follow you so you can find the account.

with normal spotify accounts (without premium), you can't "follow" playlists, but only "save them to library"... when this button is pressed, the playlist does get an additional follow on the playlist. hope this helps!

Hey @asholano and @delaneymiller07,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We’re currently exploring different social options for the free, ad-supported service on mobile. Right now, the ability to search for and follow your friends is unavailable. We hope to have more information about this soon. It's possible to add Playlists to your Library however.

You can find out what you can do with Spotify Free by going to this page.

If you have further questions for us, please let us know.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts