Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Other] User Privacy Sharing Music

[Other] User Privacy Sharing Music

Dear Spotify,

Let's just say, one I am quite disgusted in how long its taken me to find anywhere to actually submit this as a complaint in the ideas section.  For customer services, you completely seem to be missing the "Customer Service" department clearly. A message board does not substitute for a ticket, let alone to be able to find the "Link or route" to "Write a post" without going on social media in which I do not want access.

Second of all, I already have another Spotify account and I am most disturbed to find out that because I still share a family account with my daughters ex-father, he is able to see the music I listen to and then suddenly claim to days ago that he also listens to classical music, quite BS in my opinion.

Point is that I disabled as much as possible of the sharing settings, so the question is why is he still able to claim and find out what is I'm listening to through Spotify as he mentioned, it shows your profile and what you're listening too?

You claim on the site regarding privacy that you can "Share" your playlist.  I am not sharing it, it just comes up "playing xyz", surely is this not a breach of privacy?

Can you please double check your settings because I have found nowhere on the application on android or online to prevent him from being able to see my music playlists. I don't fancy sharing that part of my life with him nor facebook friends which again I have also disconnected my accounts.

I have now created this new account on Spotify and I hope to export my playlists in some manner but this doesn't even seem quite possible for Spotify,

Can you please look into this as I am looking to purchase now my own subscription and I don't fancy purchasing from Spotify if my account is going to show up thanks to my mobile number or some sort of similar interest.

I do like the collection on Spotify but I certainly won't be looking at paying not if my privacy is being exposed in the smallest way.

2 Replies

Wow. This takes more effirt than I thought. I will follow through to try and figure it out. I am nit trying to create a new blog farm, but now I do hear the concerns of those who do. I love ya! All I wanted to do was share with you ( because he was a dear dear friend) there is another Paul Pena record not in the farm. "New Train" It contains the writers version of "Jet Airliner."

Hey @moonbeauty.

Thanks for getting in touch!

It's possible to enable a private session, but you'll have to enable this before every time you start listening to music. When in a private session nobody will be able to see what you are listening to.

A second alternative is to simply get a new account. If you don't tell anyone your username, nobody will be able to find you (unless you link your account to Facebook). So no worries, people won't find you via something else like a phone number.

And if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You can visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Hope it will work. Let us know if you have further questions and we'll be happy to help 🙂 Have a nice day.

Suggested posts