Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Our song on someone else's profile

Our song on someone else's profile

Hey all, So it was brought to my attention that a song that I released for an artist on our record label has been added to another artist account with the same name which is not on my label.
How do I go about getting that song removed from their profile or does that artist have to do something themsleves?
Basically spotify gets each release from our distributor & then links to proper account but wasn't the case with this release.
Anyways if someone has some insite that would be great.

Cheers 🙂

8 Replies

Hey @TruespinRecords,

Please check out this post: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/Report-Albums-on-Wrong-Artist-Page/td-p/1341883

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thankyou very much @Maxim . 

Hopefully that works

Cheers 🙂

Please I need help my single was put in somebody else artist page i need to be in my as soon as possible

Link in the Wrong Artist https://open.spotify.com/track/3a4dJXsZHfGe5cQd2WY2ir?si=XTf3gZA8T66i2FPZHb6mJg

It should be in this artist Page
https://open.spotify.com/artist/1eYgSi9O2AX4sLhR06HKCz?si=N561gWYuQ4mbqQi2M3SVLA

Pleae we take this really serious and we have announce the premier so this shouldn’t be happening it messes up our proyect

@rela4life

Spotify’s working to make it easier for you to report problems with your music. For now, you’ll need to reach out to your distributor or aggregator and they’ll work with the Spotify team to make sure your profile gets fixed.

MaximSpotify Star

Hi! My song been added to another profile but with the same name as mine https://open.spotify.com/artist/3yAz781ZvqyRCLtpfj3BbQ?si=OTDrbjSJTFKmpn94apzS6Q 

The song should`ve been added on this profile: spotify:user:djop173vm5ivtnee45yw7ezpe

@ianjofficial,

Spotify’s working to make it easier for you to report problems with your music. For now, you’ll need to reach out to your distributor or aggregator and they’ll work with the Spotify team to make sure your profile gets fixed.

MaximSpotify Star

Hi again, Maxim! 

I`ve received a message today from Spotify.

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We've taken a look backstage and can confirm that Pure Love is the only release on the artist profile.

Keep in mind, your Spotify artist profile is created automatically when you upload content to the service. This means there's no login username or password by which you can access your artist profile.

You can manage image updates, Artist's Pick, and playlists via Spotify for Artists, which you can request access for here. Once your request is granted, you’ll also receive the verified checkmark and have access to a dashboard of listening data!

We hope this helps. Feel free to give us a shout if you have any other questions.

All the best,
Jess

Ok, now I understand but I wanted to manage my image and all that stuff but when I tried: "USE YOUR ARTIST WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS TO CONFIRM IT`S REALLY YOU. WE`LL NEVER POST TO SOCIAL NETWORKS ON YOUR BEHALF."

What should I do ? I`m confused.

@ianjofficial,

I'm having some issues understanding what exactly the issue is now.

If you've reached out to Artist Services yourself, I'd recommend responding back to their email and letting them know that you're still a little bit confused and could still need some help with this.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts