Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Overcharging

Overcharging

Anyone else getting charged TWICE a month and try to get it resolved and have any luck. I am almost to the point to cancelling - you can get spotify premium for your family and pay less than I am for a single person....
5 Replies

I got an email saying Spotify premium for 99¢ for three months. I get it, says it'll be renewed on 9/10/16 but it charged $10.99 to my account instead of 99¢

@user-removed

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? In them, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

If you're getting charged twice, it probably means you're paying more than one account. Checking your receipts is a way to confirm that.

You can check your receipts here:

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@marykate

Have you been Premium before?

The .99 offer is available to users that have never had Premium on their account before (via a subscription or a trial).

The 9.99 deal is available to previous Premium customers.
osorniosSpotify Star

I have cancelled my spotify subscriptions but am still being charged twice a month. I think it is because I had a previous email address but I cannot remember it. This is getting serious as 2 times 12.99 a month is getting me mad. The email user ID I used  recently but cancelled was denniscaldwell11@gmail.com  - PLEASE CAN SOMEONE GET THIS SORTED i DO NOT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO CONTACT SPOTIFY DIRECT.

@stevecald

Do you use iTunes to pay? You need to check your iTunes subscriptions for Auto Renewals and turn it off for Spotify, in all your iTunes accounts you may have.

Here are Apple's instructions on how to do it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

To get in touch with customer support use this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts