Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Overcharging

Overcharging

I tried to contact Spotify via email since that is the only way to get a hold of you guys. You have repeatedly charged me twice each month, and I sent an email a month ago saying to cancel my account because I have insufficient funds and cannot afford to pay for the premium account and the overcharge fees. This company has yet to get back to me and I said in the email that I would take further action so I filed a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. Im sorry but I cant afford this, and this is rediculous that you guys are incapable of charging me the said amount each month, now, let alone just canceling my account.  

14 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Do you have a customer services case number which I can escalate to the community staff for you? 

It should be in the automated email reply you get when you submit a contact form.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

My case number is 00538990. I need to know why I'm getting charged twice a month when in the agreement it stated I was only to be charged once a month for $9.99.

@hannahcampion wrote:

My case number is 00538990. I need to know why I'm getting charged twice a month when in the agreement it stated I was only to be charged once a month for $9.99.

The most likely explanation is that you have 2 accounts. I'll post the case number in the hidden area, and a mod should look into it for you 🙂

Liam

I have escalated this topic to the community staff for you (Liam did you do this, I couldn't find it?)
Hopefully someone will be able to look into this soon 😉

Peter

Peter

@Peter wrote:

I have escalated this topic to the community staff for you (Liam did you do this, I couldn't find it?)
Hopefully someone will be able to look into this soon 😉

Peter

The site went down just before I clicked to post it 😛

Hi

I have the same problem, billing twice a month with start in Jan 2013.
I only have one account that Iam aware of and Spotify gets there money , and have been soo for a loong time, on the 18th each month except from Jan the 8th when Spotify started to charge me twice...

@Asmodaios wrote:

Hi

I have the same problem, billing twice a month with start in Jan 2013.
I only have one account that Iam aware of and Spotify gets there money , and have been soo for a loong time, on the 18th each month except from Jan the 8th when Spotify started to charge me twice...

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

As this is a payments issue, the community is not the best place to talk about it, since personal details will be required. You should get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Hi. I have the same problem. It is charged twice a month probaply two accounts...?

How can I fixed this?

Thank you in adavnce.

Fokko Dekker

It isnot possible to fill in the form.  I can not send it.

This has been escalated in the private section. A mod will help you

fokkodekker - Try using this contact form. We'll then be able to help out further.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I just went to my bank and it shows spotify is holding 78.91 and i need to know why and how to have my money released asap

Same problem here, I signed for family cause i thought it was a good descision but it didnt work out as i wanted, Remade it to premium and it was all good and i got charged 99 SEK/Month for some time again. However after a few months passed my account automatically changed to family again appearantly and i have gotten charged 149SEK 4 times now and i want my money back. I feel betrayed.

I have been overcharged with $10 three times now. I have the student discount for $3.99 and want my money back. I just canceled my subscription so that it wouldn't happen again. Please get back ASAP. 

Suggested posts