Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PC App - Can I NOT download my saved songs?

Solved!

PC App - Can I NOT download my saved songs?

Since the web player has been virtually destroyed by Spotify, I may be forced to download the Spotify application to use on my laptop.  If I do, am I forced to download all my saved tracks to my hardrive?  I want the saved tracks download for my iPhone for offline use (as to not eat up data), but do NOT want to eat up all my computers hardrive space with the same songs. I only want to be able to stream music from the PC application (it will literally always be on WiFi). 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thank you, Sergio. Where is the option for this? I remember downloading the application about a year ago and couldn’t seem to prevent all the tracks from downloading to my computer. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @valo_Soul, welcome to the Community!

You can sync tunes for offline listening on your mobile device without downloading them to your computer. Keep in mind that you can only have up to 3,333 tracks downloaded per device. You can download tracks on up to 3 devices.

Hope that helps.

Marked as solution

Thank you, Sergio. Where is the option for this? I remember downloading the application about a year ago and couldn’t seem to prevent all the tracks from downloading to my computer. 

Great to know. Very helpful. Thank you!

Suggested posts