Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PLEASE HELP!!!URGENT

PLEASE HELP!!!URGENT

So I created an acoount but when I signed up I created my own username and password but whenever I try to sign in.It does not take the user name I created which is (victoriaacardenas) but instead shows an error which leaves me to sign up with my email... and it shows my username as a bunch of letters/numbers ..Why? .....and when I try to search up my profile using the username I created (victoriaacardenas) and I even try the

other username  (random letters/numbers) I do not even come up in the searches...PLEASE HELP!!!!

1 Reply

Hey there @Victoria_105,

Help's arrived! Thanks for bringing your question to the Spotify Community.

If you've created a new account recently, you'll now need to log in with your email and password (or Facebook if you've configured it) instead of your display name and password. This is because your display name is actually just an alias for your username (which is that random string of numbers and letters). There's some more info on this Spotify support article > My username is just numbers and letters?

In terms of search, it can sometimes take a few hours for your new account to reach all the systems at Spotify.

Let me know if you need a hand with anything else or if you're still having issues logging into your account!

Suggested posts