Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PS4 linking account issue

PS4 linking account issue

Hello spotify community,

Recently I've had an issue when trying to login from my PS4 to the spotify account. I've been using spotify on PS4 since 4 months ago, I've already linked my spotify account with the account on PlayStation Network since day one, but somehow yesterday I've logged out from my spotify account by mistake and when trying to reconnect the link between my spotify account and the PS Network by login in back (entering the email address and the password) it says the following thing:

"LINKING FAILED. ACCOUNT LINKING IS NOT SUPPORTED IN THIS COUNTRY OR REGION"

The problem is I've been using this account for months without any problem. I live in The Netherlands, so I can't see why it is not working since I've mistakely logged out..

I would be so thankful if you guys could help me out reconnect my account.

Thanks in advance,

Adrian

5 Replies

It might be because your ps4 has linking issues. I doubt it but you might want to give it a try.

go to https://link.playstationmusic.com/spotify/details 

unlink you Spotify account to your ps4 account and then link it again. 

If that does not work you might want to make either a new Spotify account or ps4 account.

if this doesn’t work you can reach out to Spotify’s twitter @SpotifyCares

Thanks for your answer, but I've already tried this and I still cannot link my spotify account to the PS Network.

The thing is I do not want to lose my current account and all my saved playlists so I won't make a new one.

I've also searched around other topics and there are a lot of people facing this issue. I think it has something to do with the latest ps4 software update or whatever.

Anyway, do you know how can I contact spotify helping center? I have to mention that I'm not using Twitter.

Open your settings from the dashboard. From here you can view all 3rd party applications linked to your profile. Try unlinking Playstation Network from here.

Now boot up your PS4, fully wipe the Spotify application off your console and re-install it.

This should fix your issue, if it doesn't.. Please do let me know!

Thanks for the answer, I got to Settings-Account Management-Link with other services, but I only see the following things (see the photo below)

As you can see, there is not an option to link with Spotify. And I really think it has something to do with my user account because I created a new one just minutes ago in order to see if it works and I was able to link my spotify account with that one. 

Is gets really frustrating for me.. another thought was that when I made my account I put the address information (country, city, postal code) with my born country (Romania), but now I live in The Netherlands and this ps4 was always here. Maybe it has something to do with this one?

15324415995793617362035922790370.jpg

Any thoughts about this? Still cannot manage to fix it 😞

Suggested posts