Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paid 9,99€ even though I have student discount (Germany)

Solved!

Paid 9,99€ even though I have student discount (Germany)

Hello!

My student discount has been working correctly for the past year but just now I have gotten a receipt for 9,99€ instead of the usual 4,99€ and I don't know why. Please help 🙂

receipts of the last 9 months with the most recent one being $9.99 instead of the usual $4.99receipts of the last 9 months with the most recent one being $9.99 instead of the usual $4.99

Anyways, I would like to know if this was an issue on my end or on Spotify's, if there is any way I can get the 5€ back and how I know that it won't happen again next month.

Greetings from Germany!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @lukas19971,

Your student discount is active for 12 months from the moment you apply it to your account. After that, your account will revert to the standard Premium rate.

This is so Spotify can check your eligibility each academic year. Spotify has automatically sent you an email reminder when your discount was about to expire. If you’re still a student, you can reapply for an additional 12 months at https://spotify.com/student.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @lukas19971,

Your student discount is active for 12 months from the moment you apply it to your account. After that, your account will revert to the standard Premium rate.

This is so Spotify can check your eligibility each academic year. Spotify has automatically sent you an email reminder when your discount was about to expire. If you’re still a student, you can reapply for an additional 12 months at https://spotify.com/student.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts