Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paid for Spotify Premium but still playing ads

Solved!

Paid for Spotify Premium but still playing ads

What is going on?

I am currenlty on 1st day of trial for the Spotify Premium (just activated) but it is still playing adverts. If this is what it's going to be then i should have cancelled my subscription before the 30 day period ends.

Anyone experiences this too?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Marked as solution

I have sorted the problem for my self. 

If any one is still having this problem try this:

Click on Edit >Prefences >Scroll down to Cache, Right click and copy the path to the cache folder >Click start >and Paste the path in  the search bar >Once in the Cache folder, SIGN OUT/EXIT the Spotify client >Delete everything from the folder.

Then just load up the Spotify client and you SHOULD now have the Premium status at the top of the screen and the upgrade button should no longer be there.

Hope this helps guys.

Jamie.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hello.

There's a number of different threads relating to an issue we faced on September 11th 2012 - This should be remedied now, try logging out and back into your accounts.

I'll keep this thread updated with any further developments - http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Spotify-premium-doesn-t-work/td-p/3... - and lock this one. 

Thanks! 

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Ah! Thanks! Was getting a little worried there for a bit.

I'm having this same problem and logging out and then back in is not solving the issue. The "upgrade" button is in the top right corner and when i press it, it shows that i have the premium subscription.

Any other suggestions?? i've logged out and in several times now, restared the application and even restarted my computer, but no luck yet.

Thanks for the help.

Experiencing the same problem, activated my trial, my profile says that premium is active. but still playing ads and not working on my mobile. Looking forward to an answer to this issue. 

Same for me, i have tried signing out of both the client and the website. I have even tried re-installing the client, still hearing the adverts.

Any ideas?

Thanks Jamie.

Marked as solution

I have sorted the problem for my self. 

If any one is still having this problem try this:

Click on Edit >Prefences >Scroll down to Cache, Right click and copy the path to the cache folder >Click start >and Paste the path in  the search bar >Once in the Cache folder, SIGN OUT/EXIT the Spotify client >Delete everything from the folder.

Then just load up the Spotify client and you SHOULD now have the Premium status at the top of the screen and the upgrade button should no longer be there.

Hope this helps guys.

Jamie.

Ugh... tried everything that you just mentioned above & it's still showing that I'm not a Premium user! Jeez.... I just want to be able to play this on my car stereo through my phone when I'm out.....

Marked as solution

Hello.

There's a number of different threads relating to an issue we faced on September 11th 2012 - This should be remedied now, try logging out and back into your accounts.

I'll keep this thread updated with any further developments - http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Spotify-premium-doesn-t-work/td-p/3... - and lock this one. 

Thanks! 

Airhorn Enthusiast

I get commercials while running the premium version.

HI Vorsel - I can confirm that your Premium subscription is activated on your account. 

Are you signing in with your Spotify username? Please use that (instead of your email) to ensure you're logging into the right account. 

Suggested posts