Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paid for a 1-year subcription but then got charged again for a monthly subscription – please revert!

Paid for a 1-year subcription but then got charged again for a monthly subscription – please revert!

My monthly subscription was paused last April 2, 2016 because the credit card in my iTunes account expired.

I then went ahead and bought a 1-year subscription online (outside iTunes via the email I received from Spotify) yesterday April 9, 2016.

But then this morning I received a mail from iTunes crediting me for a monthly subscription from Spotify. This is an extra subscription on top of my 1-year subscription which is invalid.

Please help revert this! I already sent a report to iTunes as well. I suppose when I reactivated my new credit card details in iTunes the automatic crediting for Spotify kicked in.

Please help refund that extra amount.
2 Replies

Hello @edanade & welcome to the Community!

Below you will see the steps to stop getting billed from the App Store every month:

1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
  2. tap on iTunes & App Store.
  3. Tap on your Apple ID at the top.
  4. Choose View Apple ID from the popup menu.
  5. Enter your password when prompted and tap on OK.
  6. Tap on Manage under Subscriptions .
  7. Tap on the name of the subscription you'd like to cancel or modify.
  8. Turn the Auto-Renewal option to Off.

Now, I'm not sure if you can get a refund from the extra month. (I'd keep it, it's just a month)

Hope this helps! ♫

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

Thanks DasPeter!

Did as you said halfway through until #7 onward — I'm still on iOS7 and the interface is a little different.

Although I did see Spotify, but the subsciption was already turned off and like I mentioned above, it was indicated there as well that my subscription already ended last April 2, 2016.

😕

Suggested posts