Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Parental Control Settings

Solved!

Parental Control Settings

Hi Folks

I coudn't seem to find anything on the Spotify site or under my account settings, but does anyone know if there are parental control settings for Spotify. Want to limit some of the language in the songs for my 8 year old

Cheers

62 Replies

In the app there is a setting to not allow playback of songs with explicit lyrics.

Also, since you're paying for Spotify premium, you can choose to download the songs from Spotify onto the device, and then put Spotify in offline mode. This will prevent them from listening to songs that haven't been previously downloaded.

Please re-read what I said.  First of all you cannot turn it off on the kids LAPTOPS or COMPUTER....(only handheld devices) and they can easily  "swithch it" back on....whats needed is a SEPERATE PASSCODE (as per my previous comment) Simple for programmer to do....but they (Spotify) have other agendas; I guess.

@sundog888 wrote:

Please re-read what I said.  First of all you cannot turn it off on the kids LAPTOPS or COMPUTER....(only handheld devices) and they can easily  "swithch it" back on....whats needed is a SEPERATE PASSCODE (as per my previous comment) Simple for programmer to do....but they (Spotify) have other agendas; I guess.

I wasn't replying to you specifically. I didn't feel like reading through 6 (now 7) pages worth of complaints to see if parental controls existed. I read the first, and last, and thought there was no hope. Then looked around in the app on my kids tablets after installing Spotify and found what I mentioned in my previous post.

It helped my usecase, and hopefully it will help others who find this until a better solution is implemented. In the mean time enjoy continuing to post in bold for Spotify to add parental controls in a multi-year-old thread that Spotify has not once commented in. People are probably better off spamming their Twitter to get a response.

Suggested posts