Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Parental Control

Parental Control

Hi Spotify Team, can you please add a parental control to limit songs with bad language so our kids can listen?  Thanks

7 Replies

Hi! This feature isn't available yet, but take a look at/vote for this idea from the idea-section of the community.

Keep on listening!

Are there still no parental controls or Spotify? Seems odd that you don't when you offer a family membership.

Agreed - my 4 year old is now controlling music playback on the Amazon Echo and more than once has unwittingly selected a playlist / album with explicit music.

It isn't simply explicit lyrics any more. There are also extremely sexual "short stories" and podcasts hosted on spotify. They don't seem to register as "explicit", but they put 50 Shades of Grey to shame. I found this out the hard way with my 12 year old and have now had to block him from Spotify.

I have to agree.  Our whole family listens to Spotify on a daily basis.  From our 5 year old listening to Sesame Street, Our 9 year old dancing to her favorite tunes and our 15 year old practicing drums to 21-pilots, Spotify is a big part of our atmosphere.

As VERY CONCERNED parents, we are hustling every day to keep watch over what our kids hear and see as these things cannot be unseen or unheard.  This should have been a #1 priority for Spotify; sad that it still is not.  I wonder how much money Spotify is losing because of this non-feature?  We may be forced to conisder other options if this is not remedied soon.

Is there any development of having parental controls on the family account settings? 

has this been resolved? i don't want my 11yo or 13yo for that matter exposed to this. tx.

Suggested posts