Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Password issue & getting Spotify on device different from the one where you registered

Solved!

Password issue & getting Spotify on device different from the one where you registered

I got spotify app on my phone ( with the help of my nephew!), non premium, the end of December. Yesterday, I used a laptop to purchase premium, that comes with 30 day trial free. 2 questions: 1) The Spotify/Paypal receipt has a different username listed than the 1 I am logging in with. When I use the 1 listed on the receipt, I cannot get in. Which 1 do I want to use/which 1 should I change? 2) Being that I signed up for Premium using laptop, does that mean I can only get Spotify Premium on that laptop? I don’t want it on laptop. Just on my phone. Can I “transfer” the premium to my phone? Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You can log out of the mobile app by going to "Libaries" and then press the icon that looks like a cog in the top right corner. On that page, you'll be seeing a button which you can press to log out.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @H2Os,

When you upgrade to Premium, you can use it on the devices you use Spotify on. 🙂 The only requirement is that you log into the same account on all devices to be able to use the Premium features on all of them.

Also, please make sure you're signing in with the username on that receipt. If the username on your receipt is a 10 digit number, please sign in with your Facebook login details.

MaximSpotify Star

Thank you!  1) RE:  password logging in to Spotify Account:  The one on the receipt from Spotify does not let me log in.  Though I am able to login with a different password.  What should I do?  2)  I am automatically signed in to the spotify app on my phone.  To get premium on my phone, do I need to log out and log back in?  If so, I do not see how to log out of the phone app.  Sorry for the elementary questions!  Ugh

Marked as solution

You can log out of the mobile app by going to "Libaries" and then press the icon that looks like a cog in the top right corner. On that page, you'll be seeing a button which you can press to log out.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts