Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Password reset email not sending

Password reset email not sending

Hi, I am having issues resetting my password for my account. Initially, my issue was that I wasn't receiving the reset email (I checked my junk and all sub-folders). Then when I logged into the community it said my email wasn't verified, so I thought this was why I wasn't receiving the password reset email. However, I have since verified my email and resent the password reset email and nothing has come through.

Please help! I don't want my premium subscription to go to waste!

Thank you! 

6 Replies

Hi there @madeleinejacobs,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

I would suggest using this help page to locate all the accounts listed with your details to make sure you do not have more than one account and that there's isn't a mix-up with emails.

Furthermore, please check out this help page for further instructions on password resseting.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I am still logged in on the web browser (I just can't log in to the desktop app) so I can see what email is linked to my account which is the one I am using to reset the password. The reset password page is processing the request and says that a message was sent to me by email. I have searched my email, all subfolders and junk for any emails from Spotify or any with the subject title reset your password and there is nothing.

Please let me know how to proceed from here. 

Thanks!

Hi @madeleinejacobs,

thanks for checking out the support pages !

Is there another mail address you can use for the process ?

Thanks for your patience 🙂

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I do have another email address I can use. Would this change the email address associated with my account or is it just an address to send the password reset email to?

Thanks,

Maddie.

Hi @madeleinejacobs,

If the password reset submitted successfully, but you can’t find the email:  

• Check your spam/junk folders.
  • Check any other filtered folders (e.g. if you use Gmail, it might be in the Social or Promotions tabs).

If you don’t have access to an email address associated with your Spotify account, you’re unable to reset the password, so you need to create a new account.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hi,

As I have said twice in previous messages, I have access to the email associated with the account and have checked my junk and all sub-folders after sending the reset email, it is not appearing. I have also tried sending the reset email for two different browsers. Still nothing. Can you send me a link to the reset password page? or can you personally send me the reset email?

Thanks,

Madeleine

Suggested posts