Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Password stopped working and all my playlists are gone

Solved!

Password stopped working and all my playlists are gone

Hi, 

When I opened Spotify on my laptop it was logged out with error code 3. I couldn't log back in because I didn't remember my password, so I changed my password and logged in. All my playlists are gone, there's just one called 'Muzyczka' which I definitely didn't make. There is nothing in recently played songs, but my daily mix gives the style of songs I usually play - which is NOT what is in that one list. 

What is this? Did my account get hacked? Is there a way to retrieve my playlists and things I'd saved? 

Thanks, Chantie

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

Not to worry, your Spotify playlists haven’t disappeared - it sounds like you might’ve accidentally created a second account and signed into that one instead. I'd recommend checking out the FAQ page "Can I create multiple accounts?" here for more info.

If you’re definitely logged into the right account, but you’re still not seeing some playlists, I’d suggest reading this Spotify Answer for the correct steps.

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hello @chantiemaya!

I'm glad to hear my answer helped you 🙂 

However, it sounds like someone else may have gained access to your Spotify account. I'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take, just in case.

Have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

Not to worry, your Spotify playlists haven’t disappeared - it sounds like you might’ve accidentally created a second account and signed into that one instead. I'd recommend checking out the FAQ page "Can I create multiple accounts?" here for more info.

If you’re definitely logged into the right account, but you’re still not seeing some playlists, I’d suggest reading this Spotify Answer for the correct steps.

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Thanks so much, I'll restore my lists! Its definitely the right account cos the premium is attached, and the followed artists and albums are still there. Just the lists are gone and there's a list with a title in Polish... (I'm not Polish)

Marked as solution

Hello @chantiemaya!

I'm glad to hear my answer helped you 🙂 

However, it sounds like someone else may have gained access to your Spotify account. I'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take, just in case.

Have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Thanks, I did all those things, apart from asking for help because I have access now. There was an extra device added, I deleted all devices, logged out everywhere, changed the password. Hopefully it works. 

That's great! I'm glad your issue was solved 🙂 Make sure to let me know if there's anything else I can help with, I'm here to help!

https://open.spotify.com/track/3B5UbSndRz907IZhhmUfLi?si=VtP5lQzATSKYZ2VPckmocw
Jose_MSpotify Star

Ok I'm back already because I got a notice in Spotify to do an update, and I did, and now all my new playlists are gone again, and I have playlists that I used 2 years ago... The recent ones are not in the recovery list now 😞

Hey @chantiemaya!

Sorry to hear that. Can you make sure you're logged in with the right account? I'd also recommend checking out your offline devices to see if someone's logged in your account.

Keep me posted, I'm here to help 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts