Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Passwords that contain 'x' between 2 numbers (e.g. 3x5) don't work on Android or iOS

Passwords that contain 'x' between 2 numbers (e.g. 3x5) don't work on Android or iOS

I have both an iPhone XR and a Samsung Galaxy S9 (both on latest OS & Spotify Versions).

This seems to be a recent problem, but my password contained an 'x' in between 2 numbers (e.g. 3x5) and it looks like your password field is automatically converting that to a different character (UTF multiplication sign?) - therefore I couldn't log in on either Android or iPhone - had to reset my password to something else. Tried putting in other characters/spaces and deleting them but the field is doing the conversion automatically.

It seems that the conversion (3 x 5 --> 3x5) is occuring in this text box too. Might want to disable that for passwords.

3 Replies

Hey @kramkishun thanks for reaching out to the community,

Can you explain your situation a bit more? Are you having trouble logining in or is it because spotify but an x between numbers? If it happens again let me know and we can figure it out.

Best,

Jack 🙂

No issue logging in anymore after changing my password. My password (previously set) had an ‘x’ and the password field and Spotify now converts it to a multiplication sign when between 2 numbers (e.g. 3x5), which will cause issues for anyone logging in. This a bug in my opinion. 

Glad to hear you fixed it.

Suggested posts