Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Passwort reset due to "suspicious activity" happening the third time

Passwort reset due to "suspicious activity" happening the third time

I'm recieving mails from spotify saying:

"To protect your Spotify account, we've reset your password due to detected suspicious activity. You need to create a new password to log back in."

Until now, this happened the third time, roughly every month. When I contacted customer support, they told me it's a standard routine, but I can't quite believe.

I've read some news articles about the problem, but there is no statement from Spotify on that topic. Any here having a solution?

Plan: Family Premium

Device: iPhone 11, macOS, PS4

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply

Hey @mxeise ,

Thanks for reaching out.

What you're experiencing is a precautionary measure Spotify takes when they find that other websites or services, where the same login details are used, get compromised. 

Just to be clear, Spotify has not been compromised and their users' data is secure. They've proactively reset your password as a first step and suggest that you change your registered email address as well, if you use the same credentials for multiple services, just to be safe.

There are a few other things you can do to ensure your account is well protected. I'd recommend checking out this support page for more info 🙂

Hope this clears things up!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts