Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paying for Premium: Oops, seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day

Solved!

Paying for Premium: Oops, seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day

Dear Spotify

I have been trying to subscribe to Premium since last night, July 28th. I tried to pay with my Visa. I have no problems using this card for other purchases, even in foreign    webshops. There is nothing wrong with my bank or card and there are sufficient funds on it. But I keep getting this message: 

Oops, seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day. Don't worry, no money has been charged. Try again or use another payment methode.

Please help..

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

39 Replies

Hi everyone!

If you've tried all the steps that were mentioned before. Please follow the link below. 

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/payment_help/problems-paying-for-spotify-by-card/

Just ask me if you have any more questions. Have a great day!

I tried everything on the list. Plus I called my bank. Everything looks normal, doesnt work... Spotify doesnt want to work with me. 🙂

Hola buenas noches , no logro que se haga el cargo a mi tarjta de credito , me llego un correo diciendo que. No se pudo cobrar , ya cambie a otra tarjeta y tampoco que puedo hacer al respecto o por que no quiere aceptar ninguna tarjeta para el cargo ???

Hi there!

I suggest you to get in touch with the Spotify support by clicking the link below.

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-anonymous/

If you get an email back directing to the support forums, reply back to that email even though it's from no-reply.

Spotify usually takes up to 24 hours to reply.

Have a great day!

Same here ,,hey spotify what the problem fix it im.running out my exipration the fuuuuck

Same problem. Tried on mobile, two different desktops, different browsers, nothing is working. My debit card expired and I'm trying to renew.

Marked as solution

I have exact same issue. I got the "oops" message.

i tried 3 different valid cards (i checked with bank, no issue with them), and got rejected by spotify.

i cancelled my subs and tried resubs, it still gave oops message.

i tried using different phone (with 3G, not wifi), to resubscribe, it still gave me oops message.

so what is the solution to this? I'm very pissed

Hey!

I´m having the exact same problem, the "oops" message comes up and it´s been going on for about two weeks. Since then i have tried everything you suggested (different platforms, internet connections, browsers, credit cards). My account is linked to my facebook (don´t know if it makes any difference), i used to have the promotion of 0.99 euros for 3 months and it ran out. I have also cancelled and tried to re subscribe with regular and student discount. The very first time i tried it actually allowed to me continue to the next step but i didn't have a comprovative of my college on my phone at the time. The following hundreds of attempts to continue were unsuccessful. I don´t know what else to tell you, i think that´s it. I really don´t want to lose spotify or create a different account so i don't lose every playlist/song i have created/downloaded.

Thank you

Marked as solution

I also have problem in payment via credit card as well, I’ve checked with my bank and it was okay. Then i tried to pay via credit card as well but through paypal account that I’ve linked with my bank before. It worked. Now I have premium account and play music without ad.

Marked as solution

This is so stupid, why can't I give you my money

I am also experiencing this problem,

Have tried paying on my phone - samsung s7

and my laptop HP Pavilion

I am trying to pay by Visa debit card and I have tried 3 of my different cards. Nothing wrong with the cards as I can make other purchases with them however I keep getting this error message also. ("Oops, sems your card or payment provider is having a bad day. Don't worry, no money has been charged. Try again or use another payment method."

I am abroad and my premium will run out in a day or two... If the premium doesn't renew I will lose all my offline playlists and I won't be able to download them again for weeks as I'm on my 3G/slow cafe wifi. Pleaaaaaase fix this before that happens!!

Same problem tried 3 cards, 4 computers 2 browsers and eveything else.  This problem has been going on off and on since 2015.  The only way we can get a real fix is to start bombarding the CEO of Spotify with snail mail.  You can find the CEO and address on line.  My 30 years of corporate experience is, if the CEO finds out people start jumping, pointing fingers and getting fired.

That’s a good idea! 👍🏻

I submitted my issue via email to spotify customer service, and also DM them on Twitter. Quite responsive in that sense, since many people have similar issues. 

They said to wait for a month for the family premium to get worked, which i could not wait long.

So at the end, using another account to upgrade to family premium pack and it still works. 

I'm also having this issue and I've tried paying on three different devices, as well as trying on a different connection. It really sucks that there seems to be no solution or even reason for this?? 

So I opened a ticket with the spotify help desk and they have potentially resolved the isse. They said it was because my card tried and failed to renew too many times and so it was blocked and will need to try again at the end of the month so the system can reset (they gave me a month free to tide me over) so fingers crossed it'll work next time. 

I'm getting the same error, I've tried using different ways to get my subscription, I used my phone without wifi and I got the same issue again, what's wrong with this...help me pls.

error.PNG

I can also see even purchases with my credit card

payments.PNG

can someone help me

englihs error.jpg

I live in Turkey, and I've been trying to renew my premium membership for 3 days now, tried different devices, different connections, with three different cards from three different banks, and still the same "oops" message pops up. Anyone, please help!

• "Oops, seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day. Don't worry, no money has been charged. Try again or use another payment method." The absolute cheek of this! uh erm!!! Excuse me it is not my bank, my card, my internet, my browser or anything else assoiated on my side, that Spotify may turn around and say... What Spotify really needs to is to just own this and fix the dam problem... I must admit it will be a massive shame for me to lose all of my music and playlists that i have collected over the years!!! But just know Spotify there are other apps out there that i can use... Its a shame to say fairwell Spotify! Consider yourself just like an ex partner that i will now disconnect from and never look back. I have been trying to pay you for over two weeks now, you clearly just don't want my money. Oh and how sweet it would be if you could just call someone and talk about this? 

Suggested posts