Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paying for Premium Service - I get Commercials, no high quality and no android service

Paying for Premium Service - I get Commercials, no high quality and no android service

I'm seeing this theme all over the boards but no solution. 

I've tried contacting Spotify three times ni the last few weeks, the latest earlier today. NO RESPONSE. nothing, nada, 

Below is a copy of my posts earlier. I thought I would try starting a new thread to see if anyone else has had the same problem and able to resolve it. 

I pay for the premium service because I like to listen commercial free on my Windows 7 PC and I like to listen on my Android Bionic. I had to drop the service a few months back but I jumped back into premium service a month ago. Ever since then I am being treated like a free customer. I get commercials on my Windows PC and unable to stream in High Quality. and I'm not able to listen at all on my android device.

I put in a help request through the website about two weeks ago and then again last week. 

I have not hear back at all. NOT ONCE!!. my hope is that posting this for everyone to see may get me a bit more attention... Sad I have to resort to this but if it helps me then I will be fine with it. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled thinking that would take care of it. It didn't. I have completely hard factory reset my phone and added back in. Nothing... 

Things happen. I get that. But this unresponsiveness of Spotify is totally unacceptable. It this doesn't get resolved soon, I think I'll just take my business elsewhere. I love Spotify but there are too many competitors out there to put up with the lack of caring... 

NOTE: ***********************************************************************
after what seemed like at least two weeks, they got back with me from the contact fomr I filled out. after emailing them my soptify paypal account billing code, they were able to restore the premium account. Once the ball was rolling, they fixed it fairly quick. It was very frustrating in the begining with no response. But it's all good now. Thanks. 

7 Replies

File - Log out - Log in back!

if only it was that easy. 

Really, I've tried everything. log off and back in was the first step. uninstalling and reinstalling was the next. downloading and running on a different computer that has never had Spotify on it. 

got anything else??? 

i have had the same experience where I am getting billed monthly but still hear the ads via my sonos system at home?

The most irritating aspect is that there is no support line or  not support email to contact to get personal attention.  I get the idea of trying to run a thin shop and turn a profit on a business that is thin but this is stupid.

I have no choice but to cancel and will never come back based on this terrible customer experience.  It is really too bad  as I like spotify but Pandora and Rhapsody will have to suffice based on this terrible experience.  Cancelling today.  I hope someone high up at Spotify gets a copy of this and realizes how bad of an investment decision this is, you are either trying to sell the company quickly and dump it or just don't get it.

Pat Archbold

an irritated user

Hi Pat - You've most likely created two accounts with us. The account linked to this email is currently on our free service. 

When you joined did you create a unique username?

i am not sure  how i would determine this?  I use a facebook log in for Spotify and have it linked to my sonos system which is where I usually listen to spotify.  I log in to spotify.com with that facebook password when I am online but I am not sure how to get that from the Sonos system?

Do i need to create a unique password on spotify and link that somehow?

I am getting charged $9.99 per month but still hear the ads on sonos?

Hey archbp - I don't see any payments on this account. We can track down the account you're paying for--just fill out our contact form

From there our payments team can get you back on track. 

I am paying for the premium service but I am still getting ads and commercials on my Spotify music. I play Spotify on my android phone in my car and everytime I play it i am still getting ads and commercials. But they are charging me $9.99 every month for the premium service

Suggested posts