NEXT STEP

Paying for Premium but my account says free

Paying for Premium but my account says free

Plan 

Premium

Country

UK 

My Question or Issue

I have been paying for premium for some time now but have noticed that my account now says free. My last payment was made at the beginning of October. I have previously signed in with Facebook and after reading other people's messages, realised maybe there is another account - I've reset the password and also signed in with Facebook - both accounts say free. 

I don't want to keep on paying for something i can't get. I HAVE read the support suggestions and nothing is working. Can someone either help me to sort this out or tell me how to cancel my Spotify account and stop paying.

7 Replies

Hello @Juliemac!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. No worries though, I'm sure we can figure out what's going on here.

As you already made sure you don't have  any other accounts and you also logged out/in, seems like you're experiencing this Ongoing Issue.

Make sure to add your votes and comments to it. Hopefully, they'll solve it as soon as possible 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem. I have had Spotify Premium for years and a week ago I noticed i was hearing commercials while listening to music and now realise my account says 'Spotify Free'. I've paid my last bill on end of September, just like I do every end of the month. How do we solve this?

Hello @fleurvdvaart!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this, too. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for more help.

If you still can't access Premium after following the steps in the article and logging out/in, you're likely experiencing this Ongoing Issue. Make sure to leave your votes and comments and Spotify will solve this issue as soon as possible.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star

My last payment came out at the beginning of October but I only know that
from my Apple invoice. The receipts on my Spotify stop after the end of
July. I can't even cancel Premium because my account via email sign in and
Facebook both say the account is free suggesting there is nothing to
cancel!! How much longer will Spotify keep taking money when we are getting
nothing in return??? We shouldn't have to spend time voting for this when
quite clearly, so many people are also affected.

Hello there,

I understand your concern about this. However, these things take some time. Hopefully, this will be solved as soon as possible but there's not a specific timeframe for a fix at the moment. My only suggestion is to keep an eye on the Live Issue and add any relevant info you might find to the comments.

Hope this makes sense and have a nice day!
Jose_MSpotify Star

For Christmas I got a family plan that I share with some family well my phone that was less than 1 year old had some issues that my warranty was able to cover while fixing my phone they melted it😐… I don’t know how but when I got the new phone the one I’m using to type this it says I have a free plan on both the website and the app I was really happy when getting this for school or just in general so if someone knows how to fix this please help me out.

Hello @LaneyC11!

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you may have accidentally created a secondary account and are signed into that one in your new device. Can you try logging in with other email addresses you own? I'd recommend checking out this Support article for more info on how to find other login details.

Let me know how it goes!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts