Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paying for Premium, but still have Free account

Paying for Premium, but still have Free account

I have a Premium account a long, long time. I paying for this account. 

In the mean time: 

* Still have advertising. 

* Still missing premium functionalities. 

I Can't contact with spotify in any way. There is no emial, no chat, no telephone.  

I tried all the suggestions on ther help pags, but there is nothing. 

Still paying, paying, paying, 

And the Still ask me " Do you want a Premium account?"

I HAVE allready a PREMIUM. 

What can I do? 

3 Replies

Hello @Chieluzz

It sounds to me like you have 2 accounts (sometimes people create second account by mistake) and you are using the free one. Don't worry, there are few things you can try:

• If you're on Premium, try signing out and back into the app. 
    • If it says Free, check the receipt Spotify send to your email inbox. Make sure you're signing in with the username on that receipt. If the username on your receipt is a 10 digit number, please sign in with your Facebook login details.

If you've tried all the steps above, please click here. It will then take you through a survey to point you in the right direction

Hello Jsannn, 

Thanks for the reply. I noticed that there is a second subscriptoin indeed. 

In june I tried to connect my first acoount to facebook. Instead of that, I created a new account.

The old one with all my playlists is now a free subscription. What is the best stragety to solve this?

Hey, glad you figured it out. So there are two ways to handle that since premium subscription can't be transfered between accounts:

1. Cancel the premium subscription and then subscribe on your free account
  2. Or get in touch with Spotify support by using the contact form or message @SpotifyCares on Twitter and ask them to transfer all your music and playlists to your premium account and then close your free one

Suggested posts