Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paying for Premium with foreign country card

Solved!

Paying for Premium with foreign country card

I moved to Hungary from Finland and changed my country to Hungary in Spotify. Now I'm trying to update my account from Free to Premium but I can not do it because I have a Finnish credit card. What should I do? I can not change my country back to Finland because I have Hungarian IP adress.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

In changing the country settings of your Spotify account, you’ll need a payment method with a billing address in the country you’d like to switch to. You read more of this here

Since your card is from Finland, you would need to follow the process on how to change your country settings to match your card. Therefore, you'd still go back to Finland as your country settings once you apply Premium to your account. 

If this post was useful
Please add a LIKE

If this solved your issue

Please ACCEPT AS A SOLUTION

If this post was useful
Please add a LIKE

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

In changing the country settings of your Spotify account, you’ll need a payment method with a billing address in the country you’d like to switch to. You read more of this here

Since your card is from Finland, you would need to follow the process on how to change your country settings to match your card. Therefore, you'd still go back to Finland as your country settings once you apply Premium to your account. 

If this post was useful
Please add a LIKE

If this post was useful
Please add a LIKE

This helped a lot! Thanks!

My apologies for necroposting, but this seems like a myopic solution.

Ex: I live in Costa Rica, but only temporarily. Here, you need your residency to get a Costa Rican bank account. I don't plan on applying for residency as I'm not going to live here for much longer. In my situation, there is currently not a way to pay for Spotify Premium without using a VPN or some other makeshift solution.

There are a lot of expats in my position. I am aware of the potential for fraud and why Spotify does it this way, but it needs to be reconsidered.

Exactly, I think it’s nuts.

This is crazy, I live in Spain and have a German bank account so using Spotify logic I can never pay for premium. I think I'll go back to Deezer

Suggested posts