Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paying for old account -- Spotify won't refund

Solved!

Paying for old account -- Spotify won't refund

Have had a Premium subscription for two and a half years, and found out yesterday that an old account I had through Spotify that I tried to cancel and thought I had has been enrolled in auto-pay (also for a Premium subscription) and I've been paying simultaneously for both accounts for two and a half years, but only using one.

I've reached out to support, and cannot get a refund or apply the amount that I've paid for an inactive account to my current and active account. Personally just feeling disappointed and looking for help if anyone has had a similar situation :'(

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @blyss, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

If you've already reached out to support, and they couldn't provide a refund - then the community won't be able to help either. I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify again, with what you just told me. You can find some more info here on how to do this.

Have a nice day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @blyss, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

If you've already reached out to support, and they couldn't provide a refund - then the community won't be able to help either. I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify again, with what you just told me. You can find some more info here on how to do this.

Have a nice day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thank you so much for your response and for your help. Spotify support followed up with me and helped me get a refund for the inactive account. Thanks again for the response and info 🙂 🙂

Hey, @blyss.

I'm so glad to hear things are working again. If you need help with anything else, you can always start up a new thread and the community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

1. I have had something similar happen to me, but it was for a longer period of time. I believe That once I logged in with Facebook, Spotify created a second account for me. Thus, I have only been using one with the second has been out of use for years. Unfortunately, Spotify is only willing to refund 6 months, when it happened for YEARS. I just feel stupid for not noticing earlier... very frustrated. Who did you go to to get this figured out? Spotify is just bouncing me around to different people, who are all saying the same thing.

Suggested posts