Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paying twice for one account?

Paying twice for one account?

Dear all, 

I am running Spotify as a Premium member for many years already. However, I just found out that I have been paying to Spotify double for many many months. The amounts are not the same though: I pay a monthly fee via my normal bank account, while I pay another monthly amount via my creditcard. 

I never noticed this second payment as I rarely check the details of my own creditcard. What should I do to discover how I could stop this second payment?

Thank you. 

4 Replies

Hi there!

You will be redirected to the Spotify support team here. They will help you as soon as possible. 

Please mark this as a solution if I can't help you further. 

@naturalscience

Having multiple charges usually means your paying more that one account.

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? In them, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Login to your profile in the website and go to your Subscription and payment overview:

http://spotify.com/account/subscription/ 

See what's the method of payment you have registered (credit card or other).

Also, check your receipts here:

https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/receipt/

That way you can how and for how much you are being charged.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Would like some help, i havent had money in my bank for awhile now and my spotify notified me to update payment. I mean usually every month it takes it out of my account like netflix.. and it gets paid and continues. but yeah like i said i havent had money in there for awhile i have money in now trying to pay and i click on premium 9.99. I thought for some reason it was just a cheaper family package thing but then it signed out all my family members. I canceled the premium and i signed onto my bank thinking it gave me my 9.99 back but it did not. And i really want the money back so i can get my family thing going all over again. I dont really want to pay twice. 

Hey @levi_s1

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription to see if you still have days until your subscription runs out. If you do, you'll be able to upgrade your account here to the Family plan. The money you paid will be taken into account.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts