Paying with a visa gift card isn't working

Solved!

Paying with a visa gift card isn't working

SarahManning
Visitor

I'm trying to pay for the 0.99 for 3 month premium with a visa gift card, but it's not working. The card is activated, I called visa and they don't see any problems from their end, and all the information is filled out properly when I try to pay. It just keeps saying that my card provider must be having a bad day every time I try to register.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Paying with a visa gift card isn't working

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Sorry, but Spotify does not accept prepaid credit cards (also known as credit card gift cards)

Spotify is a subscription service that auto renews unless you cancel and therefore does not support prepaid cards.

If you wish to subscribe to premium you will have to use one of the other listed payments.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Solution!

supercarrie333
I GOT IT TO WORK!!!! if you register your visa gift card online at www.giftcardmall.com/mygift then go onto the spotify website and update your payment method but just put in your registered visa gift card.. it should work!! it did for me at least! hope this helps :))
Solution!

JaySmith96

I used a gift card before, in September 2017, it's now December and all of a sudden the same type of card doesn't work?

23 Replies

atom1989
Community Legend

Hello.

I suggest you to contact customer support.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact
or Twitter @SpotifyCares

If support replies you to check community for a solution or if you received your case number (#XXXXXXXX), please reply back even if there is "no reply" tag and tell that you still need help. If your inbox is empty please check spam.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.
Solution!

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Sorry, but Spotify does not accept prepaid credit cards (also known as credit card gift cards)

Spotify is a subscription service that auto renews unless you cancel and therefore does not support prepaid cards.

If you wish to subscribe to premium you will have to use one of the other listed payments.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Erenollet
Casual Listener
I've used prepaid cards before but it's all of a sudden not working. I wish there was an alternative to a credit card.

Tfujimoto3

Visa says that you can use visa gift cards where ever visa is excepted. But it doesn't work. 

Re: Paying with a visa gift card Glitched

Gswinds
Casual Listener

I got a Pre Paid Visa and hooked it up to my Spotify account for the monthy subscription and this was in November the card was no more then $20 and its still active so should i cancel the Subscription and update the information?

llabista606

Are you sure? Because my friend used a prepaid card during 2016, but you placed that message during 2015. I tried using a prepaid card today, and it isn't working in 2017. Hmmm....

Gswinds
Casual Listener
It was worth $25 and was used for 4 months until I thought about it so I don't know how it was still being charged

UpsetCustomer93
Casual Listener
My purchase went through on 12/25 for 9.99 3mo/premium, and all of a sudden I no longer have premium nor is there a receipt on my account,the gift card was only $25 so I dont even have it anymore to check with visa.
Solution!

supercarrie333
I GOT IT TO WORK!!!! if you register your visa gift card online at www.giftcardmall.com/mygift then go onto the spotify website and update your payment method but just put in your registered visa gift card.. it should work!! it did for me at least! hope this helps :))
SUGGESTED POSTS