Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment Card Expired with student nus card discount

Payment Card Expired with student nus card discount

Hi,

Today my spotify account reverted back to free, and I realised this was because my payment card expired; I forgot to update spotify with my new card details. So I removed the payment method and card attached. However, I was on the student payment plan at 4.99 a month for 12 months and had only used 4 months of that. My question is this:

If I subscribe again, and input my new card details will I be charged the 9.99 again and the NUS will not work as it will say it's already been used? Or can I go ahead and subscribe again and it will only charge me 4.99 again until my 12 months are up?

Thanks

4 Replies

You should be able to resubscribe using your NUS card number just as before. Any issues, just post back here and we can take it from there. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, thanks for the reply to my original message.

Just put my new card details in and select the unlimited (9.99/month) which I had before. But when trying to convert it to 4.99 via the student discount page on spotify (https://www.spotify.com/uk/student/pay/#_=_), I push continue and put my password in as facebook tells me to, but it keeps loading the previous screen (https://www.spotify.com/uk/student/pay/#_=_) and tells me to push continue again. 

Please help as I am now getting charged more than what I should be.

Thanks

Just tried to do it via my UniDays account too, and the exact same thing happens. I put my password in and it takes me to the previous page. 

In that case the best thing to do is get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they can check out your account for you, make sure everything is alright there! They might even be able to re-setup your NUS discount for you 😉 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts