Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment Failure

Payment Failure

My spotify account was cancled at the beggining at january becuase the card being used was cancelled. When I went to set up a new subscribtion with the new replacment card it didnt work. I tried a few hours later and still didnt work. I tried a week Later and still didnt work. So my sister canccled her subscribtion and tried the card with her account and it didnt work. We tried with a new card different bank even and it didnt work. and we used a debit card and it didnt work. we tried with my other sisters account who just created the account and it didint work also. Nothings working.

26 Replies

I have the same problem, I changed creditcards... and now it does not want to accept my new card... Annoying as hell.

Hey guys!

Welcome to the Community. I hope you're both well.

Can you just check if your payment card meet these requirements: https://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/I-cannot-activate-the-30-day-free-trial-credit-debit...

Let me know 🙂

It's the same kind of card I've had before that worked... VISA card...

It just doesn't want to take the information, it says it doesnt work.. Not why or anything, just that it doesnt work.

Card is working fine, have used it instores and online...

Spotify is only place that it doesnt work at.

Hey @LaoTze151.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'd recommend getting in touch over at https://support.spotify.com/uk/contact-spotify-support.

Alternatively you can give the team @SpotifyCares a shouts. It appears someone will need to take a look at your account 🙂

Thanks!

I'm having the same problem. The link in the post above doesn't work for me and I'm not getting a reply from @SpotifyCares.

Same here... like Comon help us, I want my premium!! IT'S MY BDAY GDMNMIT! :<

Like please... Can't I just get a number to someone in sweden, to talk about this ?! I mean comon.. I been trying to find a number! B UT NO NUMBERS IS EVER FOUND! EVER!!! :<.. And.. It's my bday, I deserve some good tunes tonight!! 😛 *sorrynotsorry*

Ah, happy birthday! 🙂 all I can say is make sure you keep hunting for help on here, there's some really knowledgable users & admin. Also, you could try messaging a Spotify employee on here, or calling/emailing support. Hope your issue gets solved soon, sorry it's not working for you!

If I helped you, likes please!
If I answered you, Accept as Solution!!
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check out my backstage interview

Where do I find an email address to the support? Whatever I search for I only end up here in the forums...

My apologies-- I believe I misspoke. I can't seem to find the address either. This link, though, should help you contact the company support. 

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

Thanks! 😄 Listen to Kevin Gates - Tomorrow

sweet tune!

I will keep hunting! Thanks for the encouragement!

Thank you for that link. Now I'm just waiting for an anser.

No problem. Glad I could help. Good luck, and I hope you get it figured out!(:

One quick thing- check your bank / credit card policy or settings. Some new cards won't complete transactions to unknown, uncommon, or obscure charges. You might have to manually allow a payment to Spotify, or check with your bank about the issue.

Yeah, I called The bank first and they checked the logs but couldn't find any requests for payment from Spotify. So the error is somewhere before the bank...

Gotcha. Just wanted to make sure we've covered all our bases!(:

None of these solutions workedd, and I have tried a 3 Visas and A wells Fargo Card.

I have been getting an error too and I can't link my card to spotify. My card is not expired and it has a security code. The bank is not blocking anything and have no logs. I have been retrying for days and I tried linking paypal but I get the same error. My paypal is verified and is the same country as in my Spotify profile. Please help. For reference, here's the error: 

• "Oops, seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day. Don't worry, no money has been charged. Try again or use another payment method."

Thank you.

Same here. Problem with my prepaid card.

Suggested posts