Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment Failure

Payment Failure

My spotify account was cancled at the beggining at january becuase the card being used was cancelled. When I went to set up a new subscribtion with the new replacment card it didnt work. I tried a few hours later and still didnt work. I tried a week Later and still didnt work. So my sister canccled her subscribtion and tried the card with her account and it didnt work. We tried with a new card different bank even and it didnt work. and we used a debit card and it didnt work. we tried with my other sisters account who just created the account and it didint work also. Nothings working.

26 Replies

@user-removed

Have you tried using your card with paypal?

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This ridiculous I am having the same exact issue and have tried everything suggested. I have contacted the spotify support team and sheerid because I have been approved for the student discount. I tried using another browser as well. But still unsuccessful. I have asked to talk to be put in contact with a live person and to make my payment over the phone and the support team still sends me a generic email about going to the Community for answers. I even tried to just payy the full price and use a different username and email address but it still wouldn't not allow the payment because my bank was having a bad day? OOPS?

It seems everyone is having the same issue so will you (A spotify employee reference) inform spotify (what I thought was a great company.... not anymore) that their payment page is broken and they are losing money and prized customers, all to a technical issue on YOUR side not OUR BANK!!!!!!!!

So i at first i had a single premium account, but then i switched to premium family. i needed to pay today so i was waiting for the transaction, but they only checked €10, when they actually needed to get €15

Hey @Braedentylerrr

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Login with that username to the website to check the status of your subscription, and your receipts.

If you see your subscrption as regular Premium, try upgrading your account here. No new charges should be made since your account is already paid, but your renewal date will come forward accordingly.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

same problem. ive tried different card with sufficient fund, but still it was not accepted by spotify. i even called my bank to check if there's a problem with my card & my account, but they told me it has no problem and its active. so SPOTIFY, maybe its your system. please try to escalate this one. ive been disconnected with my premium subscription for  the past couple of weeks, and its really messing me up.

Hey @leaestil

Try deleting your payment info before putting your new card details.

To do so:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

After you've removed your payment info, resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Please remember that your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts