Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment for one year

Payment for one year

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Sony Xperia X

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Last year I payed my subscription for Spotify, one year (twelve month) in advance (dec 2017: 990 SEK). That was very convenient for me, because I dont have the same credit card during a year. But now, fr o m dec 2018, you have started to charge my credit card 99 SEK for one month, instead of offering me a new one-year-subscription. Why?

3 Replies

Hey @netcinderella, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

As mentioned in your promotion offer and the terms of conditions here - after 12 months, you'll go back to your previous subscription at the then-current price (in your case, back to your monthly plan).

I hope this helps! If you need help with anything else, just let me know 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @netcinderella.

Just to follow up on what @Billy-J said, if you'd still like to purchase an annual membership for Spotify Premium and you are based in Sweden, you can do this by buying a physical gift card in-store at Pressbyrån, Ica or Coop.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions regarding this - we'll be happy to help you out.

Hi,

I don’t really understand why you stopped with the ability to buy the gift card digitally. What do you gain buy printing up hundred or thousands of plastic cards , attached to a paper card? Save the environment buy allowing digital gift cards and the ability to buy 3, 6 or 12 months subscription in one go. Spotify knows better.

Please go back to the old way!

regards

Suggested posts