Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Payment for service

Payment for service

What if someone has NO CREDIT/ Debit cards... Can they still subscribe? Seems unfair, sine the 30day trial service is FREE!

7 Replies

I agree, having problems with this as well. This isn't a new problem apparently....... seems unfair to require a credit/debit card even though one has more than sufficient paypal funds ๐Ÿ˜• 

They use credit cards to confirm your region so you need a credit card attached to your paypal account to use funds in there.

In some countries, you can buy premium cards in stores. That's your only way without a credit card.

You can also use Paypal to purchase premium subscriptions which can be linked via direct debit to a bank account that does not have a credit/debit card ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No, I've heard otherwise from Spotify themselves. A credit card is used to verify the buyer's region so people in unsupported countries can't buy a premium subscription because Spotify is not available in there.

When you use Paypal, you don't have to pay through the credit card but one must be linked to the account.

Oh okay fair enough! I didn't think of that! ๐Ÿ™‚

Although is verifying your bank account on paypal the same thing? Verifying I am the owner of the account by putting in my address and recieving payments surely verifies what region I am in.

It also says on the original blog post that a credit card is not required!

Peter

Peter

Hi everyone - @Stupify is correct here, you need to have a credit card in order to have a rolling monthly subscription. 

Thanks for flagging up that Blog post though @hammeh. We're taking a look at that right now. 

The only reason I question it is that all adding a credit card to your account does is verify your account, which can also be done with a bank account on paypal.

It is also mentioned the bottom of this FAQ.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts