Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment not working

Payment not working

I have tried several times to process a payment for my premium service. I have 2 chase cards and neither are going through. I have contacted my bank and they say my account is in good standing and they see no attempts for authorization from Spotify. I have been without premium for over a week and it is very frustrating.

I have tried to contact Spotify 3 times now!!! Never gotten a response (yes, I;ve checked Spam). This is ridiculous! Why is it so hard to get Spotify to take money from me?

7 Replies

I had the same problem last week.  I got no response from customer support.  I finally posted a request on this forum and got a response from customer support.  I haven't tried all the things they told me to do.  I'm just too disgusted with Spotify at this point.

Did you receive an automated e-mail reply from customer support?  If you did not, that's a problem.

Good luck.

I got nothing. It just says to expect an email back shortly, but never got anything back. I am getting automated messages from forum responses, so there's that. Any chance you can post their suggestions? And seriously, this is the worst customer support situation that has ever happened to me. Why do they not just have a darn phone number?

Here's the first e-mail I got:

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We understand that you're finding it a bit tricky updating your payment card. Don't worry, we'll take a look and get this figured out.

This email will be sent through if your Spotify payment didnโ€™t go through on the usual renewal date. This can happen for a few reasons:

Hi my name is michael collins and I am being charged 9.99 for spotify premium on my bank statment yet when I log in it states I have the normal version

Thanks for posting this. So I have now tried to: clear my cache, go to incognito, and use a different browser. STILL NOT ACCEPTING PAYMENT. W...T...F!!

maxmithegreat,

Sorry that didn't work.  Since you are not getting automated e-mails, try getting the attention of the moderators on this forum.  Let them know you are not gettting the automated e-mails.

Personally, I'm taking this as a sign to move on.  I've been having problems with the Connect feature and the radio feature.  So the payment issue was the last straw for me.  I'm new to Spotify and don't have a big investment in playlists, etc.

Unfortunately, I'm deeply invested. Also, there are no good alternatives. But thanks for helping out.

Suggested posts