Free

Country

UK

Device

(iPhone 6; DELL laptop

Operating System

(iOS 8; Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I have been charged £9.99 in August for something, but don't know what, as the receipts are not showing in my account. I signed up for Free package and have not made any purchases. How do I know what this payment if for if my accounts don't show the details?

3 Replies

Hi @bigbird61 and welcome to the Community! 🙂
I recommend you get in touch with your bank or credit card company and see if they can trace the merchant charge. If they confirm it was from Spotify and you were billed in error, you can check out the refund policy here.
Hope this helps and have a wonderful day! 🙂

Hi there, thanks for this. I have checked with bank and it has been debited via my credit card by Spotify but I don't see any 'receipts' in my account to say what it's for, or my status to say I've been upgraded. According to my account, I'm still on the free service so i'm just frustrated I can't get in touch with accounts dept to find out what they've charged me for. I'm goin g round in circles 😞

Hi again @bigbird61  and thanks for the additional info! 🙂

9.99 would be the standard Premium monthly subscription rate. If you are on the free version and did not want the subscription or authorize it - I suggest you follow the below steps next to try and resolve. I hope it can be cleared up for you soon. 
All the best! 🙂

Didn’t subscribe or don’t have an account?

Check with your family or friends to make sure someone you know didn’t subscribe with your details. If you think your details have been used without authorization, contact us and we’ll investigate.

If you don't have an account and need to contact us about a payment, make sure you:

• Select Premium as your subscription.
  • Choose Unknown as your username.
  • Enter the email address you'd like us to contact you on.

Suggested posts