Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment

Solved!

Payment

For some reason, Spotify either sends me the message "Sorry, wrong password." or "Payment failed. Please make sure that you have sufficient funds and that your credit card has not expired, if you're using one. To see your current payment details please go to your subscriptions page. If you still get this message after updating your payment details please log out, log in and then try again." when I try to renew my subscription. Even if I enter the correct password, nothing changes. I've tried to renew my payment details and logging in/out, but to no avail.

Can anyone help me?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I got a one year ago official response from Nordea Finland.

Nordea is only one bank that really cares about it's customers. So when you purchase something in Internet, the seller eg. Spotify in this case should use Internet payment type when take money from your bank account. Nordea declines other payment types as security step. So in your and my case, Nordea declines payment because Spotify use wrong payment type.

Spotify can not use the payment type "paid using Visa with a card reader at shop". Nordea does not accept this payment type when you pay online in Internet. This should be in this case Internet payments. The problem is in Spotify payment system. And Spotify does not care about this. The problem is here about one year.

And accordingly you can not pay in shop with card reader using Internet payments type. Nordea decline this too.

Solution: If you use Premium, get Spotify gift card. Or if you live in "right country", Spotify sell gift cards at some local shops. In Finland for example in R-Kioski.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Also, I might want to add that my bank has never denied any earlier Internet purchase, and that my funds are sufficient.

Hey, welcome to the community.

Do you use Nordea bank?

Hey, thanks.

Indeed I do!

Hi, I'm getting the same problem.

There's money in my account (cooperative bank). I have also tried using a credit card and paypal, but still got a message telling me I had insufficient funds.

Help!

Marked as solution

I got a one year ago official response from Nordea Finland.

Nordea is only one bank that really cares about it's customers. So when you purchase something in Internet, the seller eg. Spotify in this case should use Internet payment type when take money from your bank account. Nordea declines other payment types as security step. So in your and my case, Nordea declines payment because Spotify use wrong payment type.

Spotify can not use the payment type "paid using Visa with a card reader at shop". Nordea does not accept this payment type when you pay online in Internet. This should be in this case Internet payments. The problem is in Spotify payment system. And Spotify does not care about this. The problem is here about one year.

And accordingly you can not pay in shop with card reader using Internet payments type. Nordea decline this too.

Solution: If you use Premium, get Spotify gift card. Or if you live in "right country", Spotify sell gift cards at some local shops. In Finland for example in R-Kioski.

And if Spotify really cares about this, Spotify should change payment type to "Internet". But as we can see, no one care about this nice one minute job in Spotify Payment system, so no solution in year... But I live in hope... Spotify... do something...

And maybe no solution at all. Ever.

And no, the answer "Change bank, please" is not valid, Spotify. Nordea is a REALLY good bank. So Spotify, you want my money or not?

This wonderful man who change the payment type to Internet payments, should be rewarded generously. Other employees out of the office and new in as replacement

I also have Nordea and got this error message but found the solution. (atleast it worked for me)

1) Go in to your Subscriptions page and remove your current subscription and payment method.

2) Then re-subscribe to the one you wish and re-enter your visa card details and it should work again.

Hope it helps!

So spotify doesn't like Nordea it seems. I have Nordea too, and I've just recieved a mail that they've tried to charge my card a couple of times and that they will try again in 3 days. First off, I can see a payment from end of last month, so I'm expecting them to charge me in advance, right? 2nd. I've had enough money on my account the last 2 weeks. What is wrong with them? I kinda like to keep Spotify but if they don't get their **bleep** together and start working I'll find alternatives. It also seems that they add and removes albums at random. They added a Manowar Album some time ago and then after a week it was nowhere to be found. 

Unfortunately, Nordea security systems seem to block Spotify recurring payments since Spotify apparently use the wrong transaction type, and Nordea don't like it at all. From past experience, your next payment will fail because Nordea will block it and your account will revert to Spotify free. You might want to try adding your card to PayPal and then using that to pay for Spotify in the same way. 

As for the content, unfortunately content being added/removed is down to the record labels not Spotify. Anything that has been removed does normally reappear so keep an eye out. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi there. I am trying to buy my dad 6 months of spotify premium as a birthday present. He is in the UK and I am in the US. Can someone tell me if this is possible, and if so, how?

Many thanks,

Tom

Replied on your other post already Tom 😉 

Quick link: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Hello-from-Spotify-Introduce-Yourself/m-p...

Best,

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

aan Spotify

aan Spotify

Ik heb een maand geleden mijn betalingswijze gewijzigd in een jaar ineens betalen.
Dit is blijkbaar niet gebeurd
Intussen blijkt mijn mastercard gehacked en heeft ICS mijn mastercard moeten blokkeren.
Ik heb dus nu geen mastercard. Er blijkt een bende in Europa bezig die dit doet. clienten kunnen dit blijkbaar niet voorkomen..
Omdat ik in het buitenland ben tot eind juli en pas dan in Nederland terug ben, kan ik geen mastercard krijgen in het buitenland.
Ik kan dus ook niet een paypal rekening openen want deze blijkt gekoppeld aan een mastercard die ik nu dus niet heb.
Ik heb een pinpas bij mij met een rekening nummer van van LanschotBankiers.
Hiermee kan ik via internet betalen
Op uw site zie ik nergens hoe ik anders dan met een mastercard of paypal kan betalen

neemt u svp contact op, zodat ik niet ineens uit spotify gegooid word

hartelijk dank

Hello I have been charge £119.88 by spotify I have not authorised this payment how do I contact them to get a refund

Thanks

@Sallyanneluck wrote:
Hello I have been charge £119.88 by spotify I have not authorised this payment how do I contact them to get a refund

Thanks

Hey there, if you get in touch here one of our payments team will get back to you as soon as they can.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Suggested posts