Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payments for 1 account being taken from 2 bank accounts

Payments for 1 account being taken from 2 bank accounts

I have joined the student plan of £4.99 a month which ended in January 2016, since then the full amount of £9.99 has been charged which is understandable. My phone is registered with EE and in my Fathers name and his bank account, how has Spotify been able to access his account when I only signed up with my own? From September 2015 to January 2016 payments have been coming out of both accounts each month, £4.99 from mine and £9.99 from my fathers. Can anyone help me with information on how to get a refund of those 5 months as he shouldn't have been charged £9.99 at all until my student plan ended in January of this year.

Many thanks.

4 Replies

Hey @cbiddlecombe,

It sounds like you've got a second account with Spotify. Are there any other email addresses you could have used to register with Spotify? It's worth checking those inboxes to see if you have any Spotify emails--that will mean your extra account is registered with that email.

• If you don't have another email address, note how you log into the Spotify app usually.
  • If you use your Facebook details try entering your Spotify username (if you created one originally).
  • If you use your Spotify username try entering just your email address.
MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have another account linked to my Facebook but it's only a free account, I haven't signed up to premium on it and don't ever use it. I use the spotify app on my phone and it never logs out. Just seems odd that these £9.99 payments only started in September.

Is it possible that your father may have signed up for a Spotify Premium subscription?

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It's highly unlikely as it shows up as coming from my number on the phone bill rather than his. He didn't even know what spotify was haha! I've checked other email addresses and only my Facebook account is linked to another spotify account but it's a free account.

Suggested posts