Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Personnal name given away...

Personnal name given away...

Hi, first of all I really appreciate Spotify very much, but there is a major problem right now that make me feel REALLY awkward and bad.

As a streamer I do like to put my music playlist public, but for some reason that I never agree (and no Facebook link to Spotify if I can recall), it show my first and last name, which I'm VERY unconfortable, and that make me so mad. 

If I go on account overview, we clearly see my username I wish it was show on "regular" Spotify 

01bAKHA.png

Instead, we see my full name (either on who create the Playlist and in Spotify/settings )

I hope there is a way to fix this and put my username back. I tried a search a lot.. also if there was a way to change the avatar ? 

Thank you in advance ! 

3 Replies

It looks like you have connected your account to Facebook.

In the screenshot, I see an avatar image next to your username.

The only way for the Spotify app to show your real name and an avatar is if you have connected it to Facebook.

Accounts that are not linked to Facebook cannot have an avatar because there is no option for that yet, and they don't show your real name.

To disconnect your Facebook account from Spotify:

Go into the Spotify desktop app preferences and look for a button that says "Disconnect" under the "Social Network" section:

Once you disconnect your Facebook account from your Spotify account, it can take up to 24 hours for your real name and avatar to disappear. 

Screen Shot 2012-04-20 at 10.33.42 AM.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I didn't connect Facebook to my Spotify, but I found in the app of Facebook that I allowed it.. So I revoke the acces directly on Facebook (hours ago) and after that, I followed your step and found that :

DylFkMU.png

So maybe it will take 24 hours to unlink, like you said, so I will wait the 24 hours and we will see by this point. Thanks for the help 🙂 

You're welcome!

If you still have trouble,

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and help you with this:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts