Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback error when plugged into iPhone port

Playback error when plugged into iPhone port

Hello

I use my spotify both on the go (headphones) and in my car (lightning port into USB port in car)

My car stereo was fine with spotify, could play my playlists forever and no issues

However since the last spotify update you released (about a month ago) it can only play about 60-120 seconds before it rejects my phone and stops playback. I unplug my phone and plug back in and it works for another 60-120 seconds again.

As I said it was ok before the recent update so please can you let me know how to fix this? As 70% of my usage is when driving if it can't be fixed there isn't much point having spotify

Thank you

Kieran
3 Replies

Just to clarify, headphones work fine, it's just when plugged into the lightning port/USB in my car

Hi Kieran. At the moment we only fully support Ford Sync in cars I'm afraid. Is this what you're using? We are always working to improve what we have, so hopefully something like this can be introduced in the future.

Would it be possible to use the AUX input from your headphone jack on your stereo?

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

No it's a vauxhall insignia.

The issue is that it used to work fine, hence why I decided to take full membership after the free trial.

However your most recent update has broken it. Can't you look into what you changed and release a fix?

Thanks

Kieran

Suggested posts